Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

2541 - 2549 of 2549 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
289 Posts
Well, shit! Glad it wasn't any worse, and you're okay.

I know the pain! Damn brown tailed rats jump out of nowhere.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,547
Small update:

Car has the winter wheel/tires back on it and is parked for the winter. We got a foot of snow in the Detroit area and now it's just salt city.

Did some other inspecting and it looks like I needed a turbo inlet, so I bought a brand new OEM "Spec C" one, which is the same as the JDM V8 inlet. I'll swap it out along with the VF42 I have sometime over the winter. I have a whole list of things on the whiteboard in the background to get done this winter... valve cover gaskets, hub bearings, tooooning, etc..

Update on the deer hit: Picked up a brand new door and fender. I'll have to get the USDM moulding holes filled in, but it was a pretty damn good deal. Not SUPER excited to swap every little trim piece over to the new door, but it is what it is.I'm just happy to have the parts. Should be able to kick off that work the week of Thanksgiving.

Unrelated to Subaru update: I bought an RX-8! This will be the new race car. It can be beat up without caring too much, unlike the Impreza. I think I'll still take this to the track, but the focus will be on the RX-8 for racing for now!

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,577 Posts
RX-8 are cool, they handle really well. Its just too bad they have such a crappy motor, I have heard of some shitting the bed as early as 60K miles. Nothing an LS swap cant fix tho :ROFLMAO:

I heard you on wanting a car to use at the track that you can thrash on and not care.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,549
Oh it will stay a rotary. I have no desire to make custom parts and spend lots of time making something work.

Race it, break it, fix it, repeat. Rotaries are easy to rebuild, easy to work on in car, and love to rev. All things racecars need.

2541 - 2549 of 2549 Posts