Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com - View Single Post - Equinox's RBP V8 EJ207 STi Swapped RSTi - Twinscroll Braps Inside
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 07:29 AM  
equinox92
They call me Garrett

Fav Mod: Park Bench
Trader Rating: (53)

Koyo VH090302 Hyper V Aluminum Radiator

After dealing with issues with the plastic end tank radiators, I decided I didn't want to deal with that crap ever again. It was a bit of a hassle getting to this radiator as a lot of other older radiator part numbers were discontinued, but Koyo basically upgraded their cores and made them stock size thickness for easy install!

This radiator was technically made for the 91-94 Legacy turbo, however because I was still using a lot of my 98 STi stuff, everything was the same! This is a great option for turbo GCs... the only caveat is that you need the proper Phase 1 metal shroud fans which are a pain to get if you don't already have them.

The only other issue I ran into, was that because I have the Phase 2 AC lines and condenser, it didn't fit with the radiator. I've been kicking myself in the face for not keeping my Phase 1 stuff around and I guess I'll just end up buying the entire 98 Impreza AC stuff.

Anyways, pictures:

So far I haven't driven around enough to noticed a differential in temperature.. but it did take about half a gallon more coolant than the stock one. I don't expect there to be a huge change.

I am going to use one of the pressure test plugs and put in a coolant temp sender to run back to my DIN pack... because why not?

More on that later.

Everything bolted right up and fit in like OEM. Gotta love Koyo for that!