Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com - View Single Post - Equinox's RBP V8 EJ207 STi Swapped RSTi - Twinscroll Braps Inside
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 12:43 PM  
equinox92
They call me Garrett

Fav Mod: Park Bench
Trader Rating: (53)

JDM STi type R Front Door Cards

Holy hell.. where do I start.

I've been looking for these for years, and as it turns out, they are extremely hard to get you hands on. At first I didn't want to pay $1000 for them, but I think in the long run that's not too far off the actual cost.

That being said, to me they have been worth every penny. They obviously fit flawlessly, they match 100%, the fabric is soft and a bit plushy, and it brings together the entire interior.

Took me about a month and a half to get these to my door, and about 5 minutes to install.

First things first, one came before the holidays and the other was stuck in customs so I went ahead and did one while I waiting on the other.

First interesting find was that the type R cards didn't have sound deadening. Makes sense. Race car.

Swapped it over from my old cards.

2nd order of business was to tighten up all the loose screws and swap out the RHD switch plates with the LHD ones. Popped right in, and now I have some cool RHD coupe switch plates. Neat.

Then it was just a matter of swapping over the little push tabs and popping them on the doors.

Done and done!

And some attempts at wide angle entire interior shots. Pardon the mess..

Yeeeeeee I'm like a little school girl.