Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 2831 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lets not turn this into a stretch debate. Some love it, some hate it and no matter what you say you will not change anyones mind on it.

Is the conversion to 5X114 a difficult/expensive one? I would love to do it to run some lower offsets but if it requires different control arms I don't know if I would want to do it. I love the functionality but don't like the way super pulled fenders look (makes the sheet metal look uber thin).

·
I <3 JDM
GC8 + GF + GG
5,166 Posts
tires not rubbing on the strut, any wider tire i would be. then a spacer and widebody or flares would be in order.

witch im highly considering.
but it still rub on fenders right?

i have GR2s+Whiteline flat out springs on stock RS 5 spokes (205/45/16) and i'm rubbing on fenders.

made me wish to get AGX instead.

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS Impreza 4 door
3,408 Posts
I have 17x8 +48 and 235s but I dont know if they are an aggresive wheel fitment compared to some of these. Ill take it down if its not aggresive enough.

Wheels: 17x8 +48 OZ Ultraleggeras
Tires: 235/40/17 Falken Azenis RT-615s
Camber settings: -0.25F, -1.1R, 0 toe all around (stock settings :( )
Suspension: KYB AGX w/ 5Zigen springs and washers in rear to elimnate ass sag (switching to SPTs, see below)
Rubbing: Im riding on full stiff (4/8) and I get a little rubbing on hard bumps in front (chewed up a little fenderlining), rears seem to get a very tiny bit on high speed bumps while cornering like exit ramps and such.
Fender Rolling: Fronts are stock and rears are cut/rolled
Notes: Switching to SPT springs to keep higher spring rate and increase ride height to eliminate some rubbing especially on the fronts so I can soften the dampening on my AGXs.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
425 Posts
vinceGC8, very nice. I like it

lowride: also nice. I like stretched. My s13 silvia is stretched to fit on 8.5's.

Do either of you have issues with the tires rubbing on the strut?
i have no rubbing issues. i would have strut issues at a +45 offset but at +38 i have some clearance.

i think i can actually run wider :)

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L & 1997 OBS
2,258 Posts
WEAK!!!!! you can go wider

come on u know that widebody is asking for some 275 or 295s.

heres mine:
sizing: 17x9 +45 Front(with WRX control arms)/+45(but with 8mm spacer, so +38) Rear with 255/40/17 Neovas
camber settings: -3.0F, -1.5R, 0 toe all around
suspension: Stance GR+ Pro with 12k/12 custom setup
rubbing: on FULL soft i get minimal rub when i hit a hard drip while cornering, on medium to full stiff(not recommended on the street at all), im rub-free
fender rolling: fronts are rolled, rears are rolled and pulled

any still side view of these wheels? cant tell what they are, but they look awesome

·
Registered
1995 Impreza L & 1997 OBS
2,258 Posts
me likey... def wanna get some wide wheels when i finally take my car road course racing when i can affoard it... in like 100000 years... :(

21 - 40 of 2831 Posts