Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 3756 Posts

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
This is an OLDER example of making a hybrid intake system. I used a cheaply bought Weapon R Secret Weapon intake system from an 06 and chopped it to fit as a hybrid system. More info on the different systems can be found at the link below.
A Problem with CAI/SRIs and an Alternative (yes, finally)

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This is what happens when you run an upgraded rear sway bar (22mm) and dont upgrade your endlinks as well. LOL

But dont worry I had these laying around for a good weather day.

Comparo

Installed

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I upgraded the rear differential mount bushings from Turn In Concepts. Before when accelerating and during hard shifting there was a lot of slop in the rear end, but now that's a thing of the past. I also upgraded to the rear subframe outrigger bushings from Kartboy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice job on the fabricated intake. - I did the exact same thing, used an old Option Racing 3" short ram and cut it to fit w. silicone couplers. Mine runs to the stock airbox also. I'm interested in the Injen front air inlet as this would work for my 1996 Legacy also, I've never seen one until now, where'd you get it?

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Nice job on the fabricated intake. - I did the exact same thing, used an old Option Racing 3" short ram and cut it to fit w. silicone couplers. Mine runs to the stock airbox also. I'm interested in the Injen front air inlet as this would work for my 1996 Legacy also, I've never seen one until now, where'd you get it?
The front air inlet is actually off of an 05 STI. It just happen to have an Injen sticker on it from the junk yard. Any WRX or STI inlet should work but make sure your hood will close with it on.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Heres a bit more detail on the AccessPort mount I fabricated. Its cut out of 16ga steel and then hand bent to face the driver. I then painted it hammered grey to match my stereo bezel. I used industrial Velcro on both where the mount attaches to the inside of the DIN cubby hole and the AccessPort. This way I have an option to remove either the whole mount or just the AP. The industrial Velcro holds everything very tight.

·
Registered
01 stm sedan w/v4 sugar
3,498 Posts
I like your style! All the diy interior fab stuff is always fun and practical (usually).

Way to have the endlinks on hand too. I'm sure it's a lot more snappy now.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I like your style! All the diy interior fab stuff is always fun and practical (usually).

Way to have the endlinks on hand too. I'm sure it's a lot more snappy now.
Oh yeah, the rear end is soooo tight right now. I broke the oem endlink by going over a crappy road. I just wish I had a LSD rear end. I might get one some day from a WRX.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I found this the other day: Hot Wheels Subaru Impreza. I dont know how rare this is but its the only ones Ive seen.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
I did this:

It retaines the stock torque box, adds the throttle body spacer, Injen intake, and the k&n Apollo filter system. Before, (even with the AccessPort tune), my low end torque wasnt that great. I saw myself mashing the throttle when at a light and it didnt give much until about 2500-3000rpm. I then added the oem torque box and did the whole ecu relearn thing. Now, Ive got more off the line powa and then Ive got the smoothness of the Injen and K&N filter at higher rpms. Im gonna datalog this setup to evaluate it.

·
Registered
01 BMW 530i, Black
182 Posts
Wow! We have very similar mods, although you've done a bit more. I'm still working on my intake; you've given me some great ideas. Excellent work on everything.

Ironically, my 05 is Obsidian Black. White is my other favorite for the GD.

·
Registered
05 STi WannaBE
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
Seafoamed the car today.

Steps:
1. Warm up the engine to operating temperature
2. While the engine is running, disconnect the PCV tube
3. Pour about 3/4th of the Seafoam in through the open end of the hose. (The engine kept dying when I tried to pour the Seafoam in myself so I had my dad rev the engine up to around 1500-2000rpm while the stuff got sucked in.)
4. Shut the engine off and let it soak in for about 5-10min
5. Pour the rest of the Seafoam in the gas tank
6. Start her up and drive around till all the smoke is gone.

·
Registered
05' Impreza 2.5rs, CGM
1,967 Posts
thanks for the seafoaming help. I'm gonna do this and I'm glad you did because you have a 05' so you become my resource! LOL

After the smoke is gone, did you change your oil or call it good? have you noticed any difference? I need to change my oil soon, so I'm gonna do that but I need to know if I should seafoam before or after I change my oil. :)

Also with your CAI.. did you notice any difference? I'm kind of curious about getting one, but I don't really know if its worth it.

21 - 40 of 3756 Posts