101 - 120 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2001 impreza rs
37 Posts
email

Hi what's your e-mail, I'd like to have a wiring diagram, that would be helpful
mine is [email protected]

My baja has been swapped h6 and 5 speed for the last 8 months, but I have the random stalling problem and I'd be more than happy to fix it, because I have driven only like 300 miles with it in the last 8 months...

thanks
[email protected]

·
Registered
1997 Legacy 2.5GT sedan
305 Posts
Got a hold of dyne he has some very use full tips and know how along with diagrams of the wireing he lost some documentation in a move he made so I will be taking photos of the wire that needs to be done.

One thing that should be known is that the h6 comes with several ecu's two plug vdc, two lug non vdc and three plug. Non vdc has white and grey plug wile vdc has green and grey plug very important. So far the only electrical specification I can get from subaru is the three plug I will be posting the schematics when I find a scanner ill try for a PDF file for downloads for u guys
Here's EZ30 rs's PDF. Download at will.

·
Registered
2001 impreza rs
37 Posts
I'm biulding a unit for easer installation using a circuit board ill post picks sometime next week turning this end ever into a slightly more then plug and play lol

·
Registered
2001 impreza rs
37 Posts
I wanted to see if any one else has had this issue.

I have a tick in the block gets faster and louder with rpm I know it's not a knock I'm thinking its a valve (I'm hopping its bent and not tapping the piston) any one else have a similar issue that turned out to be something else?

·
Registered
2003 Baja Silver/black
21 Posts
why a 1,5 ohm resistor right there, what's the purpose, 1,5 ohm is almost nothing...??

Mine had a good ticking sound too, but it's because the donor car maintenance has been extremely neglected... the inside of the engine was all gummed up and lots of black stuff roasted inside the valve cover and intake, I ran an intake cleaner, put new plugs, plus an oil system flush and did 2 oil change and now I run on syntec 5w50... ticking is gone, it think it was timing-chain related... but, the injectors on this engine emits a strong clicking noise, maybe that's what you're hearing ??

·
Registered
'99 2.5rs
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
why a 1,5 ohm resistor right there, what's the purpose, 1,5 ohm is almost nothing...??

Mine had a good ticking sound too, but it's because the donor car maintenance has been extremely neglected... the inside of the engine was all gummed up and lots of black stuff roasted inside the valve cover and intake, I ran an intake cleaner, put new plugs, plus an oil system flush and did 2 oil change and now I run on syntec 5w50... ticking is gone, it think it was timing-chain related... but, the injectors on this engine emits a strong clicking noise, maybe that's what you're hearing ??
I think he meant 1.5k ohm. I ain't no stinkin' electrical engineer but I think that it help keep any significant current from heading from the TCM "1" pin to the base of the NPN transistor when the clutch is out and transmission is in gear. Without the resistor, the base may still be high voltage-wise instead of low.

·
Registered
2003 Baja Silver/black
21 Posts
well damn, I already did one ''box'' for the npn and 1,5ohm resistor that will be inside the car and one other ''box'' for all the 1,5kohm for the tranny solenoids that will be in the engine bay..

So you're telling me that I should get another 1,5kohm and wire it at the end of my 1,5ohm because it's not enough??

·
Registered
2003 Baja Silver/black
21 Posts
well well well. I managed to finish this wiring last night and as I wanted to take it for a drive, the starter crapped .... now I need to get another starter....

·
Registered
2001 impreza rs
37 Posts
So after a while of no issues and only one code the 1507 came back and car died every time I pushed the clutch in I have changed the address on regestration to a non emissions address time for a tunable stand alone haltech platinum siries 1000 $1700

·
Registered
00' 2.5RWD / 98' L Wagon
4,673 Posts
I can't wait till I start my H6 swap for the amount of headaches I will have. They will hurt so good, :lol:

·
Registered
2003 Baja Silver/black
21 Posts
ez30rs what's the point to do all this research if you're gonna go standalone ???

- I took the white/green and white/blue wire at the Inhibitor switch on the transmission and wired them to the clutch pedal switch...
- I've put a 330ohm resistor to mimic the ATF Fluid temp sensor at 80*F...
- I've put 8x 10 watt 1,5kohm resistor to mimid all the shift solenoids
- I've put a 1,5kohm ½watt resistor in the transistor ''box''

on my side it's revving very high on cold start (2000RPM) and I have a CEL : p1590 Neutral position switch circuit high input
But it never stalled since I've plugged the transistor/resistor box and the TCU...

what I don't understand is that I have all the ez30d original wiring harness upfront that I merged at the front seats , because the baja and outback are basically the same frame and I wanted to add features like heated seats/mirrors/windshield and the mcIntosh audio system...

I'll try to do more research on that later and test if the transistor is blown

EDIT:

I've reread the whole thread, and in the first page I saw something...

Solved
I was also getting a P1590/P1591 code for neutral position switch voltage high/low. I did not wire the NPS correctly when I was doing the merge so I’m going to have to go back and take the dash out again at some point. I need to get the car inspected, so I decided to just give the ECU the signal it wanted to get rid of the CEL: ECU pin B134-8 should be 0V in neutral or 5v when in gear. Neither of those voltages alleviated the CEL.
I then realized the ECU might be confused if the transmission control module doesn’t say it’s in neutral. After wiring the TCM shifter inputs to indicate that the car’s in neutral and grounding the B134-8 pin, the CEL went away.

Do I still need to wire the shifter connector pins together to mimic neutral ?? because I left them alone... won't this cause a CEL ??

·
Registered
2001 impreza rs
37 Posts
ez30rs what's the point to do all this research if you're gonna go standalone ???

- I took the white/green and white/blue wire at the Inhibitor switch on the transmission and wired them to the clutch pedal switch...
- I've put a 330ohm resistor to mimic the ATF Fluid temp sensor at 80*F...
- I've put 8x 10 watt 1,5kohm resistor to mimid all the shift solenoids
- I've put a 1,5kohm ½watt resistor in the transistor ''box''

on my side it's revving very high on cold start (2000RPM) and I have a CEL : p1590 Neutral position switch circuit high input
But it never stalled since I've plugged the transistor/resistor box and the TCU...

what I don't understand is that I have all the ez30d original wiring harness upfront that I merged at the front seats , because the baja and outback are basically the same frame and I wanted to add features like heated seats/mirrors/windshield and the mcIntosh audio system...

I'll try to do more research on that later and test if the transistor is blown

EDIT:

I've reread the whole thread, and in the first page I saw something...

Solved
I was also getting a P1590/P1591 code for neutral position switch voltage high/low. I did not wire the NPS correctly when I was doing the merge so I’m going to have to go back and take the dash out again at some point. I need to get the car inspected, so I decided to just give the ECU the signal it wanted to get rid of the CEL: ECU pin B134-8 should be 0V in neutral or 5v when in gear. Neither of those voltages alleviated the CEL.
I then realized the ECU might be confused if the transmission control module doesn’t say it’s in neutral. After wiring the TCM shifter inputs to indicate that the car’s in neutral and grounding the B134-8 pin, the CEL went away.

Do I still need to wire the shifter connector pins together to mimic neutral ?? because I left them alone... won't this cause a CEL ??
I really want the obd 2 to work that way I can pull cells when something is wrong but the call of 245 hp and the simplicity of the stand alone. Now this would probly be a diffrent turn out if I was the one doing the entire swap but that's not the case here I'm stepping into someone else's half assed job

101 - 120 of 194 Posts