Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

161 - 180 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Serious question about the coolant bypass mod (yes, I'm asking a question in my FAQ, haha)...

Would that be ok to run in the winter? Or should it be reverted back to stock for the winter months? This might be a cheap mod I can add to the guide.

·
Premium Member
E30 318i
419 Posts
Some say yes, some say no. I ran it through the winter but I think the coldest temps it saw was about 30* so I don't know how it behaves in below that. I can imagine sub zero temps may ice the throttle body

·
Where are my keys?
98 OBS, 04 XTI
1,571 Posts
i ran this mod since last PVGP. so about a year, lil over. didnt give me a problem all last winter. i recommend unless you get some seriously cold (-10* and under) winters

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Some say yes, some say no. I ran it through the winter but I think the coldest temps it saw was about 30* so I don't know how it behaves in below that. I can imagine sub zero temps may ice the throttle body
i ran this mod since last PVGP. so about a year, lil over. didnt give me a problem all last winter. i recommend unless you get some seriously cold (-10* and under) winters
Thanks guys, I might add this to the guide since it's cheap and DIY. If I do, I'll add your names to it, haha.

And, I'll try it out myself too. It gets cold here, but rarely much below zero really.

·
Where are my keys?
98 OBS, 04 XTI
1,571 Posts
a thing i contemplated when thinking about future DIY turbo projects, i speculate these coolant lines could be used as the turbo coolant lines. not sure if this is possible or a good idea but it seemed to make sense to me

·
Registered
1991 Justy GL "Overland"
3,641 Posts
a thing i contemplated when thinking about future DIY turbo projects, i speculate these coolant lines could be used as the turbo coolant lines. not sure if this is possible or a good idea but it seemed to make sense to me
It makes sense to me as well, good idea.

·
Registered
00' RS
11 Posts
I get a lot of below 20 deg. Temps in January so I personally would revert in the winter. I get enough of a gas mileage hit from winter blend gas & snow tires. I like the idea of warmer air helping to keep my fuel charge atomized. Not like it would damage the engine or anything if you didn’t, it’s there mostly for emissions I believe.

·
Registered
'99 OBS Silverthorn Metallic
656 Posts
Added maintenance section
I see you're still working on this, but the link in the main post "Click here to start" still doesn't work for me. I have to find that post manually each time.

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
I see you're still working on this, but the link in the main post "Click here to start" still doesn't work for me. I have to find that post manually each time.
It works for me. I know it doesn't work for some people for some reason. Haven't found anything wrong with it :(

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·

·
Registered
'99 OBS Silverthorn Metallic
656 Posts
Still no... I think the website is parsing the links funny, because even the link that I posted doesn't work, despite it working when I pasted it into the address bar.

·
Registered
96 Impreza 1.8L
17 Posts
love the rant btw...and super valid points. Vehicles are extensions of ones body and if you cant handle your vehicle then you will destroy your body.... too many fast and furious kids these days just wanna blow down the street.

Funnest car I ever owned was my 01 Hyundai Accent GL....quick lil car once you figured out the gear ratios and how to make toe love to the pedal xD...great post though...will be educating myself to the novel you made

·
Registered
99 RBP Coupe
557 Posts
your thread is win. my agx's came in yesterday,subaru love saturday!! woot woot

also with your tanabe gf 210's what fitment do you use on your wheels do you think 17x8 will clear?? also what does a fender roller do?

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS, Brilliant Red
1,357 Posts
A fender roller folds fender lips to stop tire rub, so you can run bigger/wider wheels & tire combo on stock height,
or just get clearance on a lowered car.

161 - 180 of 220 Posts