Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 404 Posts

·
2 > 1
96 GM8 & 93 GF2
827 Posts
How do I get my reverse lights to work if im keeping my AT ecu? And still a little confused about what exactly I need to do about the neutral safety switches..

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
98 2.5RS ~ EJ257D Hybrid
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Reverse Lights have nothing to do with the ECU. They are in the harness. I'm going to grab mine and take some pictures tonight (although its WRX merged so its not going to be identical to what you'll see.)

·
Registered
00' ej20
198 Posts
Are you not able to use a rear differential from an automatic transmission even if the Final Drive matches the new manual transmission????
Why cant you just get a manual transmission drive-shaft and call it a day?

·
Interior Paint Pro
V4 STi-RA
1,503 Posts
Pics would be nice.

I am really convinced I can tackle my Version 3 STi swap.

I wasn't going to convert it to a manual, because I'd have to take everything apart anyways.

Shouldn't be too much more work right, seeing I'm swapping in the drivetrain too?

·
Registered
98 2.5RS ~ EJ257D Hybrid
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Phase 1 and Phase 2 trans differ as I've stated so I have been unable to confirm this exactly but I believe they differ due to the diameter of what they're rotating (torque converter vs flywheel)

·
Registered
98 2.5RS ~ EJ257D Hybrid
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That would be a yes sir. Checked parts catalog different number and Hugely different price tag

Different object being rotated in both weight shape and diameter.

Sorry for double post chrome is getting screwy on me.

·
Interior Paint Pro
V4 STi-RA
1,503 Posts
That would be a yes sir. Checked parts catalog different number and Hugely different price tag

Different object being rotated in both weight shape and diameter.

Sorry for double post chrome is getting screwy on me.
Uh, who are you talking to?

21 - 40 of 404 Posts