Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

201 - 220 of 295 Posts

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Well I got a few questions. I got a 2000 rs25 that I am swapping a 02 wrx wagon motor in. I got the wiring out of the wrx and the wiring out of my rs. Got all of the wires in the guide hooked up but I have wires on the wrx harness that dont go anywhere. What have I missed? I also have a few wires at the rs computer that are still hooked up.

I probably cut something I was supposed to when cutting the wrx harness up lol
I filled in a few for you real quick, im guessing this is an automatic WRX harness you used?

RS harness:
B136/29 This isnt in the engine-ecu pinouts, it shouldnt be important
B136/16 Sensor ground

WRX harness:
B134/18 Torque control 2 signal
B134/19 Torque control 1 signal
B134/13 Fuel pump controller Signal 1
B136/15 Fuel pump controller Signal 2
B136/14 Torque control cut signal
B137/23 This isnt in the engine-ecu pinouts, it shouldnt be important

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks yes it was a auto car that I pulled the harness out of.

Do I need to tie the sensor ground in with the other sensor ground that I did earlier?
I am guessing I just snip those unused wires at the plug, or do they go somewhere on my rs harness?
I was wondering where the fuel pump controller hooked up lol.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Yeh sensor grounds get merged, heres the colors for the fuel pump control wires

B134/13 Fuel pump controller Signal 1 Light green / Red
B136/15 Fuel pump controller Signal 2 Violet / white

·
Registered
4 Posts
97 Impreza L, power steering, non-ABS, manual doors and windows, with 05 LGT long block and turbo, 04 STI intake manifold, TMIC, ECU, bulkhead harness and WRX TBE. Still using the L 5 spd tranny and flywheel with ACT HD disk and pp. I need advice on what to do with the wires the 97 has and the 04 doesn't and vice versa, excluding the easy ones lol. First the 97 then the 04 ecu pinouts:
B84/21 - Trans ID
B84/13 and 14 - IACS Valve
B84/26 - Atmospheric Pressure Sensor
B84/15 - Pressure Sources Switching
B84/71 - EGR Valve - Not used on STI engine, cut short and tape off?
B84/21 - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor power
B84/35 - Vent Control Valve
B84/9 - FICD Control Valve
B84/20 - Sensor Ground - I'm guessing this one is just ran to a ground wire lol

Now the STI pins in question:
B134/13 - Drain Valve
B136/16 - Sensor Power Supply
B134/24 - Fuel Tank Sensor Control Valve
B137/24 - Blow-by Diagnostics

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Just a little update, i have about 50 or so pages in this wire guide. Id say its 80% complete to where i want it, just working on some photos to put into it as well as cleaning up the physical sections of wire-by-wire charts for different swap combos, EJ205 into an RS, EJ257 into an L etc etc, did a little work with an EG33 page but i need some feedback on that as i never finished mine. All said and done, it'll be uploaded somewhere in a PDF so its easy to download/print/use.

·
Registered
Bluebird
693 Posts
Just a little update, i have about 50 or so pages in this wire guide. Id say its 80% complete to where i want it, just working on some photos to put into it as well as cleaning up the physical sections of wire-by-wire charts for different swap combos, EJ205 into an RS, EJ257 into an L etc etc, did a little work with an EG33 page but i need some feedback on that as i never finished mine. All said and done, it'll be uploaded somewhere in a PDF so its easy to download/print/use.

Thank you for doing this, awesome resource.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
Okay the harness is done, its gonna be a couplle weeks before i can get the video together but im going to try and cover as much as i can, the video wont be an exact wire by wire thing, thats what the guide is for. The video is to show all the processes of the merge

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
I also had someone ask about wiring for the OBD 1/2 pin outs, heres a pic for that, just note this yellow connector and wire colors dont match what i found in the wire diagrams for my car (94 1.8) but this is how it ended up working out when i traced the wires back to their sources.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,913 Posts
Okay the harness is done, its gonna be a couplle weeks before i can get the video together but im going to try and cover as much as i can, the video wont be an exact wire by wire thing, thats what the guide is for. The video is to show all the processes of the merge

And how the hell you make this look so clean.

·
Experimenter
Tubaru Pickup
3,913 Posts
Self shut off control from my 98, pin 63. B84-63 I guess. Thanks i just couldn't find a6 on my diagram. I wasn't happy just connect x back to x on new harness without knowing what it was

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
So i have maybe 2-3 pages all set that im comfortable with the information being accurate, anyone want to check them out and give me your opinion on it? PM me and ill email it to you. I want to know if its easy for you to read, organized etc etc

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
So i started on the videos for the merge, turns out cramming hours and hours of video into something watchable is actually tough. I finished the video for disassembling a donor harness and its about 20 mins long, i really cant make it any shorter without leaving out important things and that 20 mins isnt even including how to unwrap stuff, unplug things etc etc. So i just need to go back and insert some voice over to talk through the video and save it. It'll be pretty basic and no frills but should get the point across, ill probably do two more videos that are around the same length that include disassembling the receiving harness and finally doing the actual merging along with tidying up loose ends. Then having the printed guide should help a bit with that.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
20 minutes is a good length for a Youtube video. What's your channel, I might of missed it.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
17,029 Posts
The channel is called Project Car but i might only have one or two track day videos. I made it a while ago for stuff like this but a bunch of my friends decided to get houses and have kids instead of playing with cars so its literally just me doing shit, so its a pain in the ass filming, its boring cause im really technical about stuff and dont like flashy cool videos with music and panning shots :lol:

201 - 220 of 295 Posts