Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Mr_subaru's Track/Auto-x/DD MY99 RS

22K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  aesthetect 
#1 · (Edited)
Well time to start one of these finally just incase i enter and or win the picture of the month poll. Ive had this car for about 6 years now and done a fair bit of additions to it, mostly suspension thus far. It has been holding up to the import car reliability status for the most part...except for a rod bearing or wrist pin on the crank that decided to weaken severely and that meant a swap was in order. I was able to find a 2002 EJ25 for a decent price and the entire swap cost around 2000 (canadian) including the engine. I was still contemplating a WRX swap but just didnt have the extra cash as that was the same year i did my rear sway, coilovers, brakes and clutch...

Mods:

Suspension/Brake;
Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers
GroupN Front Strut Mounts
Tein Front Strut Bar
Cusco Rear Strut Bar
Cusco 21-23mm RSB
Whiteline 22-24mm FSB
WRX Rear Sway Bar brackets
Whiteline HD Rear Endlinks
Kartboy Front Endlinks
STi Pink Trailing Arms
TiC Rear Trailing Arm Bushings - Enthusiast
STI Triple Pillow Ball Lateral Links (ST2250055000) True GC Lateral Links
PowerSlot slotted front and rear rotors
Porterfield R4-S pads
Grimmspeed MBC brace
Work Emotion CR-Kai 17x7
Work Lightweight Tuner lugs
Dunlop Z1 StarSpecs 215/45/ZR17, summer
Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 205/55/16, winter

Engine/Drivetrain;
2002 EJ25
Port and Polished Intake Manifold (to be installed)
Plenum spacer (to be installed)
COBB CAI intake with snorkus delete
Borla (real) Headers
Techworks Eng High Flow Cat
Stromung Catback, dual tip
Crawford SRS-19
Kartboy ShortShifter
Kartboy Front Stay Bushings
Kartboy Exhaust Hangers
Kartboy Rear Diff Outrigger bushings
Kartboy Pitch Stop Mount
TiC Shifter Wobble Bushings

Audio;
JL Audio 500/1
JL Audio 300/4
JL Audio 10" W0 (3)
JL Audio VR 6.5" 2-way componts (f&r)
Alpine CDA 9835 Headunit
Alpine 6disc MP3 changer
Stinger Cap
Stinger Battery terminal
Dynomatt, doors and trunk

Interior/Exterior;
Momo shift knob
WRX pedals
Pink 6 star grille badge
"S U B A R U" debadged

Future Mods;
Cams
SRS-30
4/2pot brake upgrade
SS brake lines
Ver 5/6 front bumper
STi/WRX seats
STI steering wheel
JDM tails
fender braces

The future section has a bit of a question mark to some of it, as im thinking of upgrading shortly after I purchase a house of my own. To either a E46 M3, C63 AMG, 2013+ STi hatch (most likely), either way the 99RS will be my winter DD and summer track car

A few pics

New Coils :D

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
Engine??

Could you post a picture of your engine!? I was curious also if it would be more efficient to have an air intake somehow placed at the mouth of your scoop? like if it was right on top of the engine so the air the scoop brings in would amplify the effect? idk

Thanks!

#17 ·
nope they went in without a hitch, however Bilstein forgot to mention in the installation instructions that the washer/spacer from the OEM front suspension is required with the PSS9's.

For months i had a clunk in my fronts due to a gap of that spacer missing, maybe a mm. you can get aftermarket camber plates but they are designed to work with OEM/GroupN tophats.

Still i would highly suggest them to anyone. Even though i am in Canada where most of the roads are beaten from heavy winters, they still ride OK, great for coilovers on a Subaru that is. Im not at the softest setting either, 8/9 and the handling is amazing, just waiting for a track day to stiffen them up and really push them hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.