Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Audi S4
1,954 Posts
Rumour Update;

Not sure if this project will go through BUT its being planned that Techworks Engineeing and VEX performance in RedDeer,Alberta are planning to build a 300 WHP NA 2.5RS. Not sure what block or version engine they will be using, but they've started to crank out some number and it does seem possible!!

crazy power possibilities.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
I wish them the best. I hope the motors last longer than the 300+ HP bombs they built for Irish Mike's (SCCA World Challenge) efforts.

·
Registered
'95 work in progress
771 Posts
When I entered the new gen community( long time old gen guy) I asked the question... "What would be required to get 300 HP ouot of a 2.5?" I practically got laughed off the forums. I took offense at first. Then, I realized that it was a bit out of reach N/A. To keep perspective, a 250chp 2.5 would be equivelant to a 500chp 5.0 mustang. That is a lot of power. There is a reason they keep breaking and blowing up. You can only stress the parts so far.

Just food for thought. Flame away!!

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
I know how to replace pistons, gaskets, rings and bearings but tuning would be impossible for me as no one within 100miles has an AWD dyno.

What is required for someone to do their own tune?
IE: plug a laptop in and change things to keep the A\F ratio safe?

*edit*
I found a piggyback system, so how does one monitor the a\f ratio? I've heard of things call wideband 02 sensors.... halp?

·
at apex, on throttle
'99 RS, '02 Legacy, '10 'beca
1,184 Posts
^^ start by using the search feature on this very forum. Also check out a site called google.com. It's pretty good for finding out information.

Your questions go well outside the realm of what this thread is about. After you've done more research, if you still have questions, consider starting your own thread with them in it.

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
^^ start by using the search feature on this very forum. Also check out a site called google.com. It's pretty good for finding out information.

Your questions go well outside the realm of what this thread is about. After you've done more research, if you still have questions, consider starting your own thread with them in it.
Fair enough I guess I deserved that. :color:

·
Registered
2002, Impreza 2.5RS, PSM
422 Posts
:wtf: Whats with the necro-bump just to respond to a member who has been banned? Literally been two years since that last post....

free blkonblk! :run:

·
Registered
2005 Baja Turbo
1,448 Posts
Yeah. Necro thread...

Got me wondering what this engine would do with ITB's and properly designed velocity stacks, though. As a race car, would make sense if they had gone that route.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts