Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up another project the other day, 1985 Nissan 300zx turbo (factory). Overall for the little I paid it's pretty decent a lot of modification work was done by the owner two before me, some of it's alright, some of its abit shoddy (electrical mainly) has a 3" straight turbo back, k&n intake, spearco fmic, the skirts/extended lips body kit, welded diff, then a couple interior doodads like a turbo timer gauges etc.

Overall plans for it are to get it running smooth and do the general maintenance that's been neglected over the past few years, so timing belt waterpump belts idlers tensioners etc, cold starts are a bit rough so I think the cylinder head temperature sensor and a new distributor coil plugs wires etc, idle air control valve probably needs cleaning, lots of suspension bushings, new struts and shocks, then I'll get rid of the 15s that came with it. Pictures here shortly

Attachments

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah ill keep it unless I can find a kouki lsd, Havent don't much since ive just been driving the thing while I work on the impreza. So far ive just done new plugs and wires, cleaned up some of the engine wiring, new tires, and im currently going through and replacing all the crap bolts with proper studs that hold the manifold, crossover, turbo etc then repainting the boost tubes. Next to tackle will be the timing belt and waterpump then all the wheel bearings (all acquired).

Heres another pic, aesthetically only thing ive changed is the seats which are now 350z cloth seats which fit me a bit better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts