Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
2.5RS
8,447 Posts
I don’t know how he could mentally handle doing this to so many people..

What a shame...scam artists are everywhere...Im hearing of alot of more people scamming others now on social media..which you’d think is harder to pull off.

On the opposite side, I will say that I’ve come across a few bad apple-buyers as well. Guys that receive their parts, but file false “not-delivered” claims..I’ve even had a couple guys remove certain pieces they needed & break or claim damaged on the rest..

It’s sad.

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
your lucky, i'm out about $4k... but you're right, at least its something.. now we just have to see if he actually makes the payments..

as I understand it, he was ordered to pay $1000 a month for 36 months... the $1000 then gets divided up amongst the victims according to how much each person lost..
$1000 a month is a lot of money. Not sure what he'll be doing to be able to make that much extra on top of whatever he needs to survive to make those payments.

Not like he can open up another business and expect anyone to want to buy from him ever again.

I don’t know how he could mentally handle doing this to so many people..

What a shame...scam artists are everywhere...Im hearing of alot of more people scamming others now on social media..which you’d think is harder to pull off.

On the opposite side, I will say that I’ve come across a few bad apple-buyers as well. Guys that receive their parts, but file false “not-delivered” claims..I’ve even had a couple guys remove certain pieces they needed & break or claim damaged on the rest..

It’s sad.
Yep, shady buyers and shady sellers. It's crappy that any of us have to deal with it.

·
Registered
2000 GC67 Sliver 5 speed
307 Posts
Got my check in the mail as well. Kind of hope he does not pay and the judge goes after him. It is nice to be getting something back even if it's a lesser amount. Won't consider this a done deal until every last check is mailed to all victims.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I received my check too...

But I'm not too worried about it.. look at it this way, he stole $85K... he's ordered to repay $36K, so a delta of $49K.. now consider how much his expensive lawyer cost hourly, plus court appearances, plus travel time etc (over a two year period and 20+ court appearances)... I am willing to bet he is WELL over $50K in the whole to him...

so at the end of the day he probably would have been better off not hiring a lawyer, avoiding the two convictions, not losing his business, and just simply should have paid everyone back..

so now i just laugh and relish at his own stupidity... BRAVO, WELL DONE, ADAM!!!!!

141 - 144 of 144 Posts