Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
what the fuck. from all those felonies to a misdemeanor? DA must have cut him one hell of deal to plead guilty.

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
its been a year.. I'd guess he went to rehab in the time since then.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The DA said dipshit stole ~$85K..

As a result, he will be convicted of two misdemeanor crimes that go on his record, he will receive 36 months of supervisored probation, and he is to payback $36K over those three years... so each one of us will receive a few dollars a month.. in addition there should be restitution judgment orders for the remainder of what he owes but we most likely will never see that money...

I’m also looking into small claims for the remainder...

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
jesus. attempted my ass. he fucking did it. plain and simple.

i'm curious as to what she means by "part of their strategy".

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS
34 Posts
Finally after all this time an update. Unfortunately, it's a shitty update for all of us that he stole from. I only ever managed to talk to detective ripp once. He said he'd call back with updates or if he needed info from me. After some time and several attempts trying to contact him, I gave up on the idea of ever getting an update. If anyone here gets an update, please keep posting on this thread.

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
Just got a letter in the mail.

On 02/09/2018, Judge Richard T. Dunne sentenced the defendant involved in your recent complaint. As part of this procedure, the defendant was ordered to pay you restitution in the amount of $xxx.xx. The court has directed that the payment be made directly to this Department. Payment is to begin on 04/09/2018.

Periodically, The amount collected from the defendant will be processed and mailed to you until the total amount is paid.

Should the defendant not pay, the court will be notified for whatever action it deems appropriate.

IMPORTANT! Please notify this Department of any change in your address.

If you have any questions, please contact the probation officer.

Very truly yours,
Marianne Ziegler
Restitution Accounts

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,749 Posts
Just slightly above half. Losing out on $258. Well, something better than nothing. Although with how many people lost money, I feel like I'll just be seeing like $10 checks for the next 5 years or some crap.

·
Registered
32 Posts
your lucky, i'm out about $4k... but you're right, at least its something.. now we just have to see if he actually makes the payments..

as I understand it, he was ordered to pay $1000 a month for 36 months... the $1000 then gets divided up amongst the victims according to how much each person lost..

121 - 140 of 144 Posts