Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
99 RS-T Coupe RBP
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
I'm not sure how to feel about this. I have seen many people deal with z1 without a hitch, so I'd like to assume something came up on his end, but I haven't heard anything.
This is a possible vendor sale that went sour, but I don't want to ruin his reputation if there is an issue that arouse on his end recently.
I contacted him back on 20 April 2014 about some clutch parts totalling a $1158. I sent the money on 21 April 2014. Ever since then it's been a bunch of shipping errors(as in he received a wrong package of flywheels), or he forgot what my order contained, or he was dealing with a back injury(which I understand, and I gave him plenty of time). It seems like 81 days is more than enough time to deal with the issues.
On 10 July 2014 at 9:52 PM(Berlin time) I sent an email saying that if I didn't hear back in 24hrs, that I'd have to open a report on here. So here I am.
And he's been active on his twitter within the past 36hrs, so I feel as though I'm being ignored.
Brian

EDIT: I received all of my items 259 days after the payment for the items.... let that sink in. Start 21 April 2014, end 5 January 2015.

Attachments

·
Registered
99RS 207 V9 AW
1,285 Posts
I ordered from him 6 month ago for engine parts, took about 3 months but he always comes through. I can vouch that he's not a scammer, just be patient a little more. Yes, I understand 6 month is quite a long wait.

·
Registered
99 RS-T Coupe RBP
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get that issues can arrise, but he could at least drop a line and give me a heads up about issues. I was told on June 27th that my package was ready to be picked up for shipment on the following Monday(30th). I have yet to get a delivery confirmation number or any email since the 27th.

·
Registered
2001 BRP Impreza RS Sedan
318 Posts
I've had an issue with my timing belt kit not including the geared idler pulley which should have been included. Nm costed me ~60 bucks and a 2 hour drive to the only parts store that had it on a Saturday weekend. Thanks leethax26 for helping me with that btw.

·
Registered
Wannabe JDM GF4
1,719 Posts
No, green by phone
This is the reason i did not purchase from them when i was ordering wheel bearing components. They do not accept paypal, they use the "green by phone" crap.

Huge turn off as a potential customer not to know that your money is secure.

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
I did reply to Brian's email this morning just a little while ago, and we exchanged messages. I will have the matter addressed asap for him. I didn't get any email last night from him, not even in the spam folder. You're right Brian, even though we have been in touch via email in the past, I should have done a better job of communicating with you in recent weeks. I just was not expecting to still be out for as long as I've been, and this past week especially, the medication is really wreaking havoc on me.

ocdiep - I apologize to you for that oversight with the idler not being included, and I am glad we were able to work that out awhile ago together.

·
Registered
2001 BRP Impreza RS Sedan
318 Posts
Just realized that I forgot to mention that Z1 covered half the cost of the replacement geared pulley! They ot covered half because I ordered the kit a month before I had it done, and was not too familiar with the timing belt job, therefore I overlooked the fact that a geared idler should have been included. Overall great service by Z1.

Edit: The one thing that almost pushed me away was in fact green-by-phone, I would rather have paid via paypal.

·
I kill threads!
Impreza Turbo 2000
3,747 Posts
I'm in the same boat, but much longer. Jan 14 for my short hub and Prodrive quick release and a Seibon wing.

·
Registered
2001 D2 A8L
929 Posts
I guess i should chime in. Z1 went out of their way to research the appropriate gear oil for my application. When it came time to order though, I also did not like the green by phone payment method. It also took a long time to get my order but I wasn't in a hurry.

Overall I was satisfied but not blown away. I guess I'm not used to waiting for so long to get an order.

·
I kill threads!
Impreza Turbo 2000
3,747 Posts
I've never had any issues before and things came quickly. The short hub and quick release were special ordered from Japan, so wasn't expecting to get that quick and he ran into issues with his contacts in Japan.

The wing is taking long due to his back injury. Which I'm fine with. I only ask to be kept updated. Once a week or so is enough. Hell, post on twitter with updates, so all customers can see what's going on.

·
Registered
99 RS-T Coupe RBP
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Update:
I talked with Adam on Wed. 23JUL14 and chatted for about 5 mins. He said that he had resent some parts, which were to be OEM except for the stainless steel line.
2002-5 wrx clutch master cylinder
2002-5 wrx clutch slave cylinder
stainless steel clutch line for 2002-5 wrx

I received

The clutch fork is not a 2002-5 wrx one. The clutch master and slave are not OEM.

Now I must wait for a drop shipper/distributor to ship my ACT clutch pressure plate, clutch disk and flywheel and hope that it is truly an ACT setup with correct part numbers.
Brian

EDIT: Adam told me that Rocky is Nabtesco's trade name. Can anyone confirm this? I have found nothing online so far.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Had a similar issue to some of you. Parts were scheduled to arrive about a week - took almost a month

Parts did arrive, but they had to be resent for whatever reason.

In their defense, he offered advice/information for free, when the website states that you can buy help for $$/hour.

So far, seems more of a timing issue, rather than "lack of services rendered" problem.

·
Registered
99 RS-T Coupe RBP
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I have yet to receive the rest of my parts, so far I have received
2002-05 WRX Clutch Master
2002-05 WRX Clutch Slave
2002-05 WRX Stainless Steel Hydraulic Clutch Line

I am still waiting on
ACT Clutch Kit SB9-HDSS
ACT Streetlite Flywheel

He claims to have shipped it between 30AUG2014 and 15SEP2014.... but here's my concern. I asked about tracking and he said, "VI406349648US via USPS. They don't always show the scans unfortunately, usually when it reaches it's destination. I will keep checking online to ensure it's delivered" This sounded very fishy to me, so i contacted USPS. Here is what they said

"Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting the USPS® Internet Customer Care Center.

I apologize; when I input the label number you provided, VI406349648US, I see that it is not a valid label ID number. In order to help you, please verify that you have provided the complete and accurate label number as it appears on the label.

For future reference, our tracking or label ID numbers use the following formats:

- Priority Mail Express numbers begin with two letters followed by nine numerical digits and two letters. Note: Domestic Priority Mail Express labels begin with an "E" and always end with "US."
- USPS Tracking numbers will have 16-20 numerical digits. Labels commonly begin with "03" or "04."
- Electronic USPS Tracking numbers will have 22-34 numerical digits. Labels look like "9101 0268 3733 1000 0010 16" or "4202 0260 0343 9101 0268 3733 1000 0010 16."
- Signature Confirmation will have 16-20 numerical digits. Labels commonly begin with "23."
- Certified Mail will have 16-20 numerical digits. Labels commonly begin with "70."

So this would be the 2nd package from Adam that just happened to be lost? And the other thing is that he told me on Wed 23JUL2014 at 19:14(Berlin Time) that it would be coming from a distributor and not from him. But he said they accidentally sent it to him. How does a company accidentally send a clutch kit and flywheel to the wrong person. Is that not something that should be easy to avoid? Am i crazy to think that I am being screwed over? This is ****ing ridiculous. I want to see what he has to say....

·
I kill threads!
Impreza Turbo 2000
3,747 Posts
Wow, my crap is taking forever. It's ridiculous. I have a lot of patience, but I'm pretty much done now.

How the hell is he shipping other people's things, when mine has been sitting there much much much longer.

10 Dec 2013 (That's 2013) when I ordered a Prodrive Rapfix and Works Bell short hub. Ya, haven't seen it. Getting the run around now. Ya, I expect something special order to take time, but he's had the part for a while now. 21 Mar 2014. Ordered CF Seibon RB5 wing. Haven't seen that either.

I informed him that I don't have a problem, as long as I get updates. I never got that, unless I emailed him and even then replies take like a week.

I'm really contemplating on a lawyer now.

·
Registered
00 Impreza RS Blue Ridge Pearl
11 Posts
I've been in the same situation for about 2 years now. I think I've been more than patient with him. I ordered a set of Bilestein PSS9 Coilovers from him in March of 2013. Never received them. Just like you, I've had trouble with shipping and various other stuff. After emailing back and forth for a long time now, I've decided to just get a refund instead. Other problems came up and after I saw his post about Seibon parts, I asked if I could get the carbon fiber P1 lip and get the difference in a refund check. Still nothing. No coilovers, no lip and no money.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts