Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1997 impreza 2.2l white 5spd
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, names RJ, new to the forum so im introducing myself and my car cause its the noob thing to do. Finally picked up my first Subaru and I love it. Been looking for a long time and it's finally paid off. I always loved the way they sounded its so unique not to mention sexy as hell. Im not new to cars or forums, just to subies so please bare with my while I learn. Ive already got a turbo car so I was looking for something N/A and found my 97 impreza 2.2l 5spd. One owner, bone stock, no accidents and only 70k miles. Timing belt was done at 65k, its got new tires and I only paid $2500. The interior is spotless but theres some minor scrapes scratches and dents that I will have taken care of after the winter... oh yeah and no rust!

I'll definitely be looking do the basic mods, intake, exhaust, suspension but for the most part nothing major. She'll be my daily driver and winter car. Im a college student so funds are low and its going to be my second car so its going to take some time to get there but i'll be doing a lot of reading, leaning and research in the mean time. So "Hey" and thanks for tuning in... ill try to post a pic or two later on

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only 70k?! thats a deal, nice pick-up hope you enjoy getting sideways in it! pics are awesome too ;)
Thanks man! I was sooo happy when I picked it up and drove it all day yesterday. Then I filled it with gas and parked it at home and saw it was leaking fuel all over my driveway :unamused: . The bottom bend of the gas fill is rusted out so it leaks but only when filled. Easy enough fix just annoying, hopefully not a sign of things to come. We had that first awkward "Im your new owner" talk where I threatened to sell her if this continues. It seemed to go well

But if theres anything I love, its getting sideways... cant wait for snow

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,936 Posts
Welcome. We need more noobs like you to join! Ones who are respectful, well read and who write with proper grammar and above all who are genuinely enthusiastic about the car.

That said, the most common and beneficial mods to these cars are found in the suspension and braking sections of this site. Subaru engines don't like intakes without some ECU tuning/reflash to accommodate it but they do respond well to better exhausts.

·
Registered
97 2.5 obs, 98 Legacy GT Daily
1,453 Posts
Welcome! Firstly great find! Thats a hell of a price and extremely low miles. Second, the gas tank filler neck seems to be a common problem, shouldnt be an omen of whats to come. Third, What is your other car?

Welcome. We need more noobs like you to join! Ones who are respectful, well read and who write with proper grammar and above all who are genuinely enthusiastic about the car.
And Lastly, I couldnt agree with this more.^

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

That said, the most common and beneficial mods to these cars are found in the suspension and braking sections of this site. Subaru engines don't like intakes without some ECU tuning/reflash to accommodate it but they do respond well to better exhausts.
Thank you I appreciate that! I can already tell im going to like it here :D
and thanks again for the info. In that case i'll lean more towards exhaust first since thats my favorite part anyway. I already went through every page of the Official "Which Exhaust Should I Get" Thread (Video Clips ONLY!) thread. I pretty much figured out what to get if I want that grumble so im looking at unequal length headers and a cat back

welcome yo...
sounds like you got a heck of a deal on teh car...
Thanks yo lol and yeah I got lucky. I thought it was a good deal but now im learning it might actually be a really awesome deal

Welcome! Firstly great find! Thats a hell of a price and extremely low miles. Second, the gas tank filler neck seems to be a common problem, shouldnt be an omen of whats to come. Third, What is your other car?

And Lastly, I couldnt agree with this more.^
I appreciate that and thank you as well. Phew, ok good we dont want any bad omens. Its gunna take a lot more then that tho to get me to sell it, I love it!

My turbo car is a 06 PT Cruiser GT 5spd. Bought it new with 32 miles on it now with 39k miles, man time flys. I wanted to be different but dont hate! its quick and I keep it clean. Ive put a lot of time and money into that car, maybe too much because now its to the point where I need a daily driver. I'll post a couple pics up of both cars soon. Also been a part of the PTCrew forum since 06, I know a great deal about them and the srt-4 but its time to learn Subaru

·
Free!
01 RSTI / 03LeggyH6
6,936 Posts
^:lol: You may find that you'll get more respect for building a PT than an SRT-4. There was a user here who came from SRT-4's *cough* NoTe *cough*, who liked to stir the pot and who had a short temper. He was banned in dramatic fashion so it's kind of an inside joke around here when people bring up the SRT-4.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^:lol: You may find that you'll get more respect for building a PT than an SRT-4. There was a user here who came from SRT-4's *cough* NoTe *cough*, who liked to stir the pot and who had a short temper. He was banned in dramatic fashion so it's kind of an inside joke around here when people bring up the SRT-4.
Neons FTW!!

Haha believe me im used to it, but glad to hear you got rid of the trouble makers. How you conduct yourself is more important then how "awesome" your car is even if its to justify getting passed by a PT Cruiser haha jk jk.
I've been a part of the srt-4 forum but dont usually share that info for this very reason. Its full of useful information once you sift through the asshats. Unfortunately they give everyone else a bad name. Love the cars but sometimes I find neon owners :yapyap:.... yeah they run a little hot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I actually like the pt turbo... Like a srt4 in sleeper version. They also have a sick sounding exhaust.
Thanks man
thats exactly what I was going for. The exhaust is one of my favorite aspects but probably come second to the new subie once I hook it up

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
post pics ma man!
Wow, a well typed introduction!

Welcome to the RSClub! The DIY section will really help you out. ;)

pics coming soon!!!, gotta be after christmas im too busy with work. Im even working 12-midnight right now on Christmas Eve, sucks... gotta fund my habits somehow

Thank you! I already had to patch up my fill neck to stop the leaking while I wai for the new part. DIY is my middle name

·
Registered
2002 WRB WRX
420 Posts
Welcome!

I actually live pretty close to Monroe, NY. Post some specs of your Cruiser GT as well =)

As far as mods go, camshafts are another option since they're decently affordable and don't require a tune unless you're going for a race grind, although it would help yield more power. Check out Delta Cams, they're a vendor on here and have lots of happy customers, myself included.

·
Registered
09 Forester
656 Posts
I saw a pt cruiser Turbo once.....I knew it was a Turbo cus the bumper was literally cut....like with scissors...and saw the intercooler XD

personally I hate chryslers and most (not all dont worry :p ) of their owners with a burning passion. lucky you make the cut for the not all category ;)

you'll have fun with this car. they sound sick and theyres so many options for modding. good luck man! have fun!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome!

I actually live pretty close to Monroe, NY. Post some specs of your Cruiser GT as well =)

As far as mods go, camshafts are another option since they're decently affordable and don't require a tune unless you're going for a race grind, although it would help yield more power. Check out Delta Cams, they're a vendor on here and have lots of happy customers, myself included.

Awesome where abouts? Im not used to having forum members in the area, us PT owners are few and far between. I'll post pics of the cruiser soon, its in storage for the winter and I dont have any pics on my comupter

thanks everyone for making me feel welcome

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.