Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im new to this forum i own a speedshop in Minneapolis Mn and have a cust. who has a 2.5gt and want a turbo kit. any suggestions. also wondering about any supercharger kits that may be available. thanks

·
Registered
01 BRP RS
131 Posts
you should check out Templars Supercharger kit that he is designing, it is gonna rock. it is in the forced induction forum. It is getting close to being done.

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
It depends on what you want with your car. A 20lbs of boost beast or a 5lb daily driver. The two places above are building a good rep for being quality kits. Shiv is building a nice kit too. It's a little more expensive, but he has R&D'd it to death and used top notch parts. Kent's supercharger it is looking good so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info, right now he plans on 5-7 pounds, but wants to build the bottom end at some point and run more. so turbo will prob. be the answer instead of supercharger. Elite Autosport

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
IMO, an engine build-up would be best if you want to make like 350hp at the crank. I'm plan on starting from bottom end. I might have to check out that shop.

·
Registered
2001 Magic Mobile
938 Posts
blitzkrg-RS said:
IMHO, this is much more reliable..

wrx conversion
I agree. :) Unless you're going to go crazy with fully upgraded engine internals, a stand alone ecu, and a lot of custom work and worrying, a WRX engine with some bolt ons should be more than fast enough. :happynow:

·
Registered
229 Posts
A WRX conversion would be the way to go.

I believe Shiv Pathak(sp?) w/Vishnu Performance is just about to release his wonderful turbo kit. Sure to be one of a kind. Quality is excellent.

Forced Air Tech is a good one. Ludespeed also top notch.

As for superchargers there is Kent (aka Templar) with a centrifugal (sp?) setup and then there will be Suby Sports (Braden) with their screw type SC. These should be available around June 1st.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
yes, i agree, WRX conversion is probably the best way to go. remember the stock 00-01 motor has a compression ratio of 10:1. USDM EJ20 is 8:1.

jansen

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS
196 Posts
Skidd,

the engine is 2002 USDM wrx motor mated w/ stock RS tranny. I will be upgrading the tranny once my car is stamped legal at the DMV ref station.

Cal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts