Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
List your 3 favorite car-care products.

1. Stoner Tire Care
It doesn't give that "wet" look on the tires (I don't like wet-look tires, they're supposed to be black dammit), just makes them nice and dark black. Not slippery when cornering, and no flinging at all even immediately after applying. Aerosol can goes on easy, takes no time at all, not harmful to paint or wheels, just does it's job.

2. Stoner Invisible Glass
Best glass cleaner I've used to date. Aerosol spray, hits the window and foams up (doesn't run down either, stays on the window where it's sprayed), and when you go to wipe it off, holds true to the name. No streaking, just nice clear windows. Tint and trim safe. Works great on head/tail lights too.

3. Armor-All Protectant Wipes
Do a great job on the dash and plastic trim. Reduces the amount of dust that sticks afterwards. With just dusting the dash, I'd have to do it every couple days. With the Protectant wipes, dash stays nice and dust-free for a good couple weeks. No shiny glare, just a nice clean dash.

Honorable Mentions
Eagle One Wax-as-you-dry spray
Armor-All Cleaning Wipes (for dash stains, use before Protectant)
Armor-All Glass Wipes (awesome for clear plastic such as instrument cluster)
Simoniz Synthetic Chamois (comes in plastic blister pack, machine washable, always soft & absorbant)

·
Premium Member
2002 Aspen White WRX (sedan)
2,402 Posts
This is tough / almost impossible to just choose 3 favs. But here goes nothing.

1. Rain-x window repellant.
-Cant beat being able to see perfectly in the rain w/o using your wipers.

2. Meguiar's hot wheel wheel cleaner
-Scrubless brake dust cleaning is definately nice.(not that my endless pads dust much :))

3. Stoner glass cleaner
-what falcon said :)

Ive yet to try out every brand of every product so I just buy meguiar's usually, but if i buy something like thier interior detail that you need to wipe on and wipe off and it leaves a dull interior I change it up. Thats why i use turtle was interior now.

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Dupont Teflon wheel and tire cleaner

Meguiar's wax-as-u-dry

Eagle One Spray Detailer

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
Stoner Invisible Glass
Best glass cleaner I've used to date. Aerosol spray, hits the window and foams up (doesn't run down either, stays on the window where it's sprayed), and when you go to wipe it off, holds true to the name. No streaking, just nice clear windows. Tint and trim safe. Works great on head/tail lights too.
Yeah, this stuff is awesome!

2. California Mini Dash Duster
Gets all the dust off the dash, door cards, console, cluster in one pass. Static so dust just clings to it and then you can shake it out to clean it.

3. GS-27 Scratch Remover
Actually, it's probably just as good as any scratch remover, but I like it cause it has a v1/2 Impreza on the front. :)

·
Registered
2008 AW STi
5,361 Posts
This is IMPOSSIBLE! Maybe something like Favorite wax, favorite paint polish, favorite glass cleaner, favorite tire shine, favorite interior dressing would be easier... but to stay within your "rules..."

1. Gliptone paste wax
2. Damp micro fiber and dry white terry towel to clean the glass. Product wise, Stoners Invisible Glass is great.
3. Automagic tire dressing (commerical.) Meguiars Hot Shine in aerosol can (retail.)

Willie

·
Registered
2005 RSC
1,131 Posts
Sonus car polish SFX-1 and SFX-3 - Great for buffing out scratches and making the deep ones unnoticable

Meguiars NXT Wax

Meguiars Spray wax that you use between waxing

·
Registered
2001 RS Silverthorn
1,023 Posts
I worked as a detailer or my work prepping used Ferraris, Maseratis, and Lotus' cars for about 2 years. I have since 'moved up' and now work as a service writer, parts guys, and warranty manager for Lotus.
I still do new car prep for extra cash. I have come to know quite a few products. They are all commercial grade stuff, but its out there.

1- Wax Pro Detailing Products Polymer II liquid wax. I havent found another that even comes close to the quality of finish, or long lasting protection.

2- Vinyl Dressing We get it from a local company called Davis Distibuting. Its a house brand dressing and is the best I have ever used. It doesnt leave a horrible greasy mess behind. It can be used on plastics of any kind, tires, rubber and it lasts a long time. Its makes things clean looking, not greasy shiny. Its choice

3- Interior Cleaner Its from a company called Buddco, and its labeled as leather and interior cleaner. You can use it on pretty much anything and it does an excellent job. Its not greasy at all, and pulls dirt really well, especially from textured plastic dashes. Another great product that I use on everything. It works wonders on leather. Ferrari leather is extremely high quality stuff, and I trust this product completely

·
Registered
'09 Benz C300 Sport 4matic
95 Posts
#1 Meguiar's Quick Detailer. keeps my car looking good all the time!

#2 Meguiar's Wheel Detailer. When you get dust or whatever on your wheels and the rest of your car is clean this stuff makes your wheels look brand new in just minutes.

California Car Duster. Not much to say about it other then don't leave home with out it! (or at least with out using it)

·
Premium Member
2000 Impreza 2.5rs stm
259 Posts
#1. Astro Shield Auto Polish. Seriously, this stuff rocks. If you have the time and patience to put on 2 or 3 coats, you will be amazed. It has removed tuns of swirls, rubber marks, etc. and it protects like a wax. Use it with with wax and you can't beat it. http://www.astropolish.com/

#2. Armor All Wipes Combo Pack. Hah, I kinda cheated, it's three in one I know... Definitely a detailing must, or a great on the go cleaning supply.

#3. Rain-x. Who needs windshield wipers?, just drive faster.

Honorable mentions:
Any garden hose nozzle. Kinda basic stuff, but cramming your finger into the end of the hose to make it spray sux, and turning off the hose or crinking it to stop the water is a pai.

Meguiars car wax. sweet sweet carnauba

1 - 9 of 9 Posts