Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
1994 Aegean L, 1998 Panda!
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the deal, I have 2 GCs and one was defiled by a moron in an SUV a while back.

I've decided to resurrect it. Since it is a metallic color there is no hope in matching up the panels that need to be replaced.

With that, its going to get re-painted. I'm thinking of a Gun Metal Grey type of thing.

Saying that, you will decide what goes on the slow 1.8L, 5speed thing.

I'm thinking of possibly putting the taller 2.5RS wing on it or an STi wing but I'm also thinking about leaving it wingless.
I'm also thinking about using the 99+ 2.5RS front bumper but there is also the JDM STi bumper (you know what I'm talking about). Since I already need another hood, its going to be a 2.5RS scooped hood. The original ones look ugly.

I also want to get some blacked out (reflector) lights for the whole front end and possibly some 2.5RS side skirts but leave those black too. Is that a good Ideal?

· Banned
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
skip all the body crap.. paint it flat black and get a wrx swap lol
Meh, I have an EJ205 from a WRX and I was going to but I decided with all the risk of knocking, the wiring, and the aging GC chassis design that I will purchase a WRX. The WRX will be had in about 7-10 months so I'll probably keep the block in case the WRX's goes bad.

While I like power I'd be satisfied with a good running NA Impreza with UEL headers for a minute that is. I love the sound.

· Registered
01 RS w/ 2.1 stroker ej205
3,444 Posts
and put a skull on the roof
put the subaru pig instead :flame:
ahahaa. no but seriously... start with the suspension and handling first. after put some big brakes in. Thats the way to go first... because subarus are meant for handling those tight corners. After you can go in the pathway of body styling or engine mods. But i strongly consider the handling mod first. Trust its a worth while decision.

· Banned
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No no no... The WRX will be for all of that performance crap but my GCs wont. I have no desire to make them a performance car. I'll probably just throw some springs on there and a roll bar or two. I will probably end up turning it into a track car after the WRX but I cannot justify spending thousands on a 15 year old car when for a little more a newer one with updated equipment can be had.

The only reason I'm going this far is because it needs body panels anyway so why not spend a few extra $$ and get the RS parts...

· needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
12,639 Posts
Paint it the light grey metallic similar to that evo color... can't recall the name. Tweak the suspension bushings and shocks/springs and leave it wingless. The rs hood will be great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.