Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The first ex-ex-moderator!
00 RS & GSX-R 750
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was cleaning up my old wheels the other day. For two years I had thought these wheels where +50 offset. Well I flip one over and to my surprise there it was...+40 offset stamped on the wheel. The did BARELY rub in the rear under hard cornering. It wasn't even enough to leave a mark on the sidewall. I had these wheels on for two years with no problems. I hope they didn't stress the wheel bearings to much. I did some auto-xing and a lot of hard street driving, but know rallies. Plus I had a 215/40/17 tire on them too. I really don't think too many off you will give a hoot, but it just blew my mind when I saw this.

Here's a pic of the wheels.

·
Registered
'00 2.5RS coupe (9/01-1/04)
236 Posts
Yep, when I bought my car it had 40 offset focal wheels with 215/40R17 tires, on Tein S-tech springs (really low but pretty stiff, so the wheel didn't really move much). The rear fenders had been trimmed a little on the inside so they wouldn't rub. Just don't go trying to fit 215/45R17 tires with a 40 offset rim, they will rub a lot, hehe.

-scott-

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've got 215-45 x 17's on my OBS, with a 52 offset, and they just tick the rear strut towers in hard corners. I put on a whiteline adjustable rear sway bar, set on 18 mm, but I think i need to move it up to 20 mm. Then I think a front strut tower brace should clean it up to give just slight oversteer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts