Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen them a couple of places, and since they were posted on the homepage here, they must be decent, I plan on doing autocross and some rallycross over in eastern oregon on some larger gravel rodes, so I want something that will hold me in, just in case. Are these quality harnesses? Will they pass tech inspection at the autocross races? Any input appreciated.

·
Premium Member
'08 DGM Legacy Spec. B
1,105 Posts
Do you really trust something that can save your life that is not approved by some sort of governing body (FIA)? I say no no to no-name harnesses.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I just wasnt sure, thanks duder, I appreciate your input. I was weary at first, that is why I figured I would ask. I was planning on the Corbeau 5 point camlocks, but I saw those here and figured what the hell.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
For autocross use only....look into a upper body restraint. It's simply a length of strapping that has HD velcro on the ends. You wrap it around the seat and your chest to hold your upper body tight without the need of a harness. You still use the OEM belts with this...it's sort of a lo-buck trick from way back that works well enough for most people. It's just more popular to go with a set of basic 4/5pt harnesses to hold you in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts