Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
97 STi
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
If you need a RHD gas lid lever, I think I may have one.
I actually have a RH wagon one in the car now. Only need one lever since there is no longer a gas lid. However! I was just going to send you a pm the other day about a black ebrake handle.. One of the last things I need to finish out a complete V3 TR interior.

·
Premium Member
2.5RS
8,447 Posts
I actually have a RH wagon one in the car now. Only need one lever since there is no longer a gas lid. However! I was just going to send you a pm the other day about a black ebrake handle.. One of the last things I need to finish out a complete V3 TR interior.

A V3 Specific one or a newer model one(02-05)?

·
Registered
97 STi
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Updated OP and added a ton of pics in the first couple posts

Have been really slacking with the back injury but the interior is almost all there. got the doors together and now Im waiting to get my ecu back to start working on it again.

·
Registered
97 STi
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Got my ecu back :banana:

This is after hours and hours of cleaning. Now its recieving the ocd treatment. Cleaning up all the casting marks, improving oil and coolant passages, and trying to reduce pumping losses. The mini die grinders are perfect for porting.

I should have taken a picture earlier in this one. I already removed some flashing and casting flaws.

·
Registered
97 STi
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Matco swivel FTW!

So the ESL board has been in the car for a while now and I am AMAZED at how well the car runs. It idles like stock ~15-16 afr on 850s! The best part is, I only had to adjust one % for the scaling. Nothing else. Kinda surprised no one has called the cops yet.... At only 19psi it is FAST. With 4.444 gears you cannot pry yourself from the seat, and the brakes will put you through the windshield (if it had one installed):naughty:

Last weekend I got the rear bumper and taillights fitted. Screwed around with camber and preload a little bit. The 235s (dunlop especially) are not an easy fit to say the least. Next I have to finish cutting the front bumper and its really not looking good for keeping the foglights. I already had to cut a big section out of the that area for the ic piping. Here's one of my favorite pics, its from a couple months ago.

·
Registered
97 STi
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Since winter is here I've been focusing on getting the other shortblock built and ready to swap, so this is whats been taking up the very small amount of free time I have lately.. The chunk of aluminum was huge and wayyyy too hard for a portaband or sawzall (and over 2.35" thick). Vertical band would have saved sooo much time.

·
Registered
97 STi
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
torque plates?
You got it! Right now I'm crunching numbers for a layout. There is pretty big difference in measurements between a OEM 20k gasket and a fel-pro, so I want to check the block (maybe some heads too) before starting to cut the plates.

Definitely not easy to design and fabricate without a cnc.

·
Registered
97 STi
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I am reluctantly selling the car. Starting my own business, buying a house, and starting a family have all taken a toll on my amount of free time. I've wanted to send her to a more deserving home for a while now. It really sucks, the amount of time and thought put into the car will most likely be unseen by the next owner.

I got crushed by a piece of equipment at work, and two weeks left of recovery where I could actually deliver the car. If (there still is) anyone subscribed to this thread that would consider giving her a loving home, I would let it go cheaper to someone who might appreciate it.

Still having a hard time starting a f/s thread?

41 - 60 of 61 Posts