Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
97 STi
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So its like this, Last weekend got some time to work on it. Installed front mount, and finished fuel system. The autobahn88 induction pipe is huge and touches the intake manifold everywhere even after cutting a tab off, so I guess I'll get to see how durable they are...

Only 2 shitty cell pics. I was busy with the important stuffs.

Is it just me or is this taking forever?

·
Registered
99 V5 STI RA Ltd. #0450/1000
2,978 Posts
that is a huge intercooler. you need to get a bigger turbo! nice build and i can't wait to see the finish product.

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
Just read through the flame-fest of your original thread. Subscribed for awesomeness!

·
Registered
97 STi
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It needs rods, bearings, and a clutch before it gets a bigger turbo. It might see all of it before it hits the dyno.

Just read through the flame-fest of your original thread. Subscribed for awesomeness!
Thanks. LOL at the other thread I think all the people that were hating got stfu. Soon Ill make time to fix some of the links because that thread was the shit.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
link to the other one? i wanna read it too.

as for the manifold and piping...could you take a little hammer and massage it a bit to clear the mani?

·
Registered
97 STi
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
as for the manifold and piping...could you take a little hammer and massage it a bit to clear the mani?
Its actually the silicone intake pipe which is waaay bigger than stock. I had to insulate it with rubber in some spots. You can't really see it but it touches everything. Put a new map sensor and 3 port ebcs on after this pic.

Got a bunch of wiring done.

Made a trunk floor.

And got the front brakes on.

Heres a comparison of the brembo vs 4 pots.

·
Registered
97 STi
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Its the CX kit.

Got the wideband communicating with the pfc and have been screwing with that. Threw some parts on. Just kinda chipping away at the list.

Whiteline ball joints, tie rods, alk, and endlinks
Zero/Sports front sway bar
RA Steering rack
Rear 2 Pots
Clutch type lsd * As a side note you have to grind the diff housing to put in a lsd, the lsd housings are machined just a little differently.

·
Registered
98 SF-Toaster
434 Posts
love the build.
how did the CX kit fit? Have to do much to make it fit or did the pieces supplied work fairly well?

·
Registered
97 STi
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
The kit fit pretty good. There were a couple pipes that needed to be trimmed, but you cant beat it for the price. And its actually pretty nice quality stuff.

Some parts installed

As it sits now, still needs to be lifted a bit

·
Registered
97 STi
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
I actually took this for a ride on monday:banana: Its definitely fast, and going to be a blast to drive(which is a relief). Decided to put her together and drive it before paint to double check clearances. Got the rear Z/S bar mounted finally with some forester sway bar mounts.

Installed these old school aluminum paranoid braces

Getting the interior together

Just got these from a Dutch friend, but won't be using this block. If anyone wants a good 20K shortblock with factory headgaskets let me know. It will be inspected once I get a chance to tear into it.

AAAANND the money shot

21 - 40 of 61 Posts