Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a 2004 Subaru Impreza RS and am looking into getting equal length headers. I've been researching and seen the power and torque gains from the OBX and MRT headers but haven't been able to find anything on the X-force 4-2-1 headers. Has anyone run these headers? How would they compare to the OBX headers? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
599 Posts
They all should be pretty similar. Without a tune, you're not going to see the gains that OBX/etc are claiming most likely.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
599 Posts
Obx makes highly derivitative designs, and doesn't need to have an R&D budget, or support people and their families with livable wages in 1st world nations.

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
734 Posts
I have the OBX EZ30 headers. They look beautiful and fitment isn't an issue, but they create a terrible, terrible rasp right around 3krpm. According to my research, most OBX headers (4&6cyl) have this issue due to very thin wall tubing. I'd spend the extra just so I'm not embarrassed by the sound of my car.

It should be noted that my exhaust isn't particularly loud. The rasp, however, is extremely apparent and I'm pretty sure the looks I get are because of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts