Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Post #1 on Page #1 - The introduction of my car.

Here is my new car. Just bought it today (7/17/08). I have been on the forums for awhile just trying to learn, almost two years I believe. I use to own a sentra se-r with the sr20 in it, it was boosted and dynoed at 312. So I am not new to cars. I am just here to learn about the subarus and to be taught by everyone here on the forum.

Here are a few pictures of my stock 1999 2.5rs with 104k on the clock.

I am looking to do some simple mods. I am open to anything people throw some things at me to give me some ideas of what I can do with these cars. Thanks everyone and I will be getting some better pictures after I wash it up and make it look good!!!

·
Registered
This week: 2005 Legacy GT
1,014 Posts
Welcome!

Your car looks to be in fantastic shape, good buy!

This site is awesome, as im sure you know, and full of some very knowledgable and helpful people.

·
mix and match..:)
MY99 GF4 Ver6 Re-creation
840 Posts
wow...Great find...looks immaculate.:)...congrats...

Plans????

Very nice tho..

Bill

·
Registered
05 rs 04 wrx 05 sti all black
1,929 Posts
Hella good shape, nice find! Welcome to the club, and happy modding!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, I am not sure what I wanna do as far yet. I just want to do some fun things and keep it reliable. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
For cheap mods I would first go with a used wrx rear sway bar. They can be found for 20 to 40 bucks and would make your car much more neutral handling. Then I would go with bolra or ebay borla header(which is supposably better than the real deal) and a 2.25 in header back exhaust, with a good size(18in) resonator in line. This will give you great boxer rumble and good low- mid range torque. Do a snokus intake delete(take out the resonators in the passenger wheel well), and add a high flow panel filter such as k&n. This would be a good start.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah what all would you reccomend as far as getting the front to sit a little lower. Like any good spring combos, or do you reccomend a full coilover?

·
Registered
07 subaru outback LLbean H6
1,258 Posts
Sweet suby man. Great find, if there any thing you need help with just ask man. Wheres the baby seat LOL

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Yeah what all would you reccomend as far as getting the front to sit a little lower. Like any good spring combos, or do you reccomend a full coilover?
I know swift makes some really good springs, a buddy had a set on his turbo forester(along with sways) and it handled nearly as flat as my sti in the corners

1 - 11 of 11 Posts