Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was headed home tonight, flying around all the s-turns and ups and downs as usual when I heard a strange sound. It was a kinda metal-screechy nails on a chalkboard type sound. I turned the radio down thinking it just might be some interference when I realized it was coming from my driver side front wheel. I pressed the brakes a little and I could still hear it screeching a little but not bouncing then I heard a little "tink" sound, like a rock hitting the inside of a wheel well, and it was gone. Everything is fine, no more noise the whole rest of the way home. I'm figuring it was just a cinder off the road bouncing around in the caliper since they have been going nuts on the roads with all the bad weather we are having. I didn't find any grooves in the rotor at all, but who cares I'm just going to be switching them next week anyway.:D
Glad it wasn't something bad.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
it was a rock stuck between the dust gaurd and the rotor. its no problem. it won't damage the rotor and will find its way out. if it doesn't one time, just pry back the dust shield and out it will fall.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything is fine now.........it popped out about 2-3 minutes after I heard it rattling around in there.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
yeah, just a little FYI. the first time that happened to me it freaked me out but with the amount of gravel my car sees, i've gotten quite used to it. its almost status quo, like my wheels being out of balence :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts