Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my 2.5 na motor all of a suden 4 weeks ago started to use oil and smoke at higher rpms.so im thinking great needs a low end so i do a compresion test and nothings to far out of the ordiary to be consuming 3 quarts a week.so i came to the concluson it must be vale seals seeing as in higher rpm the oil pressure is higher and more oil will flow into the valve covers.i had an extra set of heads so i had them completly redoneput them on my car this weekend and everything seemd ok.the car ran like it was new at first tehn i go to work and its smoking again idk what the fuck it is.

this is the symptoms

wont smoke if its under 3000 rpm

smokes instatly wen i get on the gas after coasting for a while

will not smoke wen engine breaking at all i even droped it into 4th at 60 and the rps were close to 4000 and nothing but then wen you get back in the gas poof

doesnt smoke at idle

anyone got an idea im burt out on fixin this roach

·
Registered
2015 WRX+TE37ta
4,819 Posts
If you've got a turbo kit on there, your turbo or turbo seals may be blown and whenever it spools the oil feed throws all kinds of oil into the intake manifold and downpipe.

Other than that, I don't really have a clue.

Good luck man!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no turbo on there just na

the heads were surfaced wen i had them redone snd used subaru heashaskets

the pcv system is fine new valve and checked all the lines for a clog nothing

·
Premium Member
2001 2.5RS-T BRP
575 Posts
It's almost gotta be a piston or ring. You didn't see anything when you had the heads off? You didn't have one cylinder oilier than the others?
I'd try disconnecting the breather hose from the PCV valve and route both it and the other hose that goes to the intake into a catch can. Gatorade bottle or similar will work just make sure it's vented. be sure to cap the PCV valve. Rev the car with your hand over the vent hole on your catch bottle and see if you are building a lot of crank case pressure. Drive it like this and see if it still smokes.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
I'm thinking rings are gooked up and/or the PCV is pumping oil back into your manifold. What did the runners look like when you had it off? Full of oily residue? If so, you have your answer.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gumby647 i thought to do the exact same thing while i was at work last night im gonna do it this after noon ill post up tonight thanks for the input guys

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so i did another compression test hers the results

1. 160

2. 160

3. 155

4. 158

i also took it for a ride with each of the breather lines in an oil quart bottle. i only went for maby a mile ride i did get on it pretty good and ther was about a 1/4 of a quart between the three bottles wen i got back. the onle off the pcv/block t had about 1/8 itself.

i know the compressions not that great but i dont get it the only plug that had oil on it was # 3

wtf????????????????????????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts