Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ok, ill give u the whole story in detail.Its long, but just bear with me. I have a 2000RS. My check engine light came on at around 20,000 miles. I was going around 45MPH one night and it just came on while i was driving. I decided to just drive with it and schedule an appointement with the dealer when i felt like it. There was nothing really wrong with the car except the check engine light and once in a while, the moment i cold started it, the engine would run for about 2 seconds and slowly rev down and die. The happened every once in a while so i wasnt really worried about it. I just drove it like that until i hit about 21,470miles. I got my Apexi n1 exhaust and put it on. I had a borla SS full cat back b4 and i replaced iit with the N1 full catback. Now ive hit 21,500 miles and all hell has broke loose. The weather has gotten warmer this week. 40's this week versus teens and 20's last week. My cars idle isnt steady. It revs up and down. Up 100rpm, down 100rpm. It just keeps on running like that. And when i try to move(like take off from a redlight), my car barely accelerates, until i hit about 3000Rpm and then it just moves like it should. But below 3000RPM, i almost have absolutly 0 power. It gurlgles alot more than i think is normal when in gear and slowing down form 3000 rpm. When i floor it, it sounds floored, but the car doesnt really move faster. I have almost no Torque below 3000 so taking off from 1st is a bitch. I gave it about 2000 going up my driveway like i always do but revs would just DROP and the engine almost stalled. sometimes while below 2500Rpm and giving gas, the power will suddenly kik in for like a half second and then it goes away right after. What the hell is wrong with my car. Is it an 02 sensor gone to hell? Belt skipped? O, and right at about 3100RPM, i get this annoying high pitch buzz out of the front left of my car. Exhaust leak? Rattling sheetmetal guard. It happed b4 i got my apexi put on. The guys bed on his pickup accidently oppend and a bottle of washer fluid came out, instead of flying off the road onto a bunch of rocks and gravel, i decided to try to go over it. Well it did, but the underpart of my car definitly crunched over it, not very hard, Sounded like crushing a aluminum can with your foot. The sound immediately developed form there. can anyone tell me what could be wrong with my car? id appreciate ANY help. thanks-alex

·
Registered
410 Posts
The way you are describing your idle sounds much like my car was doing with a bad #4 plug wire. Check your spark plugs, plug wires, and the terminals on the coil pack.

·
Registered
'08 Outback
8 Posts
Definitely sounds like a bad O2 sensor. The symptoms you described before you put your cat-back on lead me to believe that. Put your stock exhaust back on and take it to a dealer to diagnose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts