Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
'98 2.5 RS
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i didnt know where else to post this: wtf is the "box" between the throttle body and the intake tube (where the intercooler would have been on a JDM 98-01 RS) called and what does it do? ive been looking at intakes for my subie and they all seem to delete this "box". it has to be there for a reason, what is it?

· Registered
2017 STi
14,451 Posts
Dude "never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly" I have that angel with that saying clipped on to my visor lol.

· Modsterdomus
2000 STM RS Sedan 5spd
12,252 Posts
The one where the intercooler would go? That holds your air filter. The reason the CAI delete this is becuase your filter is moved to the end of the tube instead of right before the TB like stock has.

Chris

· Premium Member
01 rs coupe. BRP
1,906 Posts
dukecity is correct it's called the torque box. There are advantages and disadvantages to removing it. If you search under torque box you'll find alot of info on it to help you make a decision on what you want to do with yours.

I personally have it on but modified so I can accept a large amount of air by having an increase of airfilter exposure area. But still retain the box section to have the storage of air when the car needs it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.