Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe
941 Posts
Wow that's gonna be a tough one. I've personally havent seen one for sale used in the 12+ years of being on these forums and nasioc. If I were in your position I would highly consider a tactrix cable and open source tune, due to rarity.

Besides, I have an AP and I NEVER switch maps on the fly which is kinda the point over having to use a laptop. It's a fun novelty, but everything an AP can do a tactrix cable can do for cheaper

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,242 Posts
The point is really being able to datalog in high-res and visually monitor many sensors at once while driving.

I datalog daily, and make little map tweaks on a weekly basis on my RSTi.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,088 Posts
The point is really being able to datalog in high-res and visually monitor many sensors at once while driving.

I datalog daily, and make little map tweaks on a weekly basis on my RSTi.

You don't even need it for that considering you can run romraider on ARM Linux with a $4 VAGCOM cable to build a logger for under like $80

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,242 Posts
Yeah, I used romraider for many years, still use it for closed-loop maf scaling, but that is it. The accessport logging is much faster and real-time map flashing is very useful. I killed my first ecu with too many reflashes.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts