Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe
981 Posts
Wow that's gonna be a tough one. I've personally havent seen one for sale used in the 12+ years of being on these forums and nasioc. If I were in your position I would highly consider a tactrix cable and open source tune, due to rarity.

Besides, I have an AP and I NEVER switch maps on the fly which is kinda the point over having to use a laptop. It's a fun novelty, but everything an AP can do a tactrix cable can do for cheaper

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,263 Posts
The point is really being able to datalog in high-res and visually monitor many sensors at once while driving.

I datalog daily, and make little map tweaks on a weekly basis on my RSTi.

·
They call me Garrett
98 RBP V4 STi Swapped RS
4,110 Posts
The point is really being able to datalog in high-res and visually monitor many sensors at once while driving.

I datalog daily, and make little map tweaks on a weekly basis on my RSTi.

You don't even need it for that considering you can run romraider on ARM Linux with a $4 VAGCOM cable to build a logger for under like $80

·
Ex-Mooderator
2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
3,263 Posts
Yeah, I used romraider for many years, still use it for closed-loop maf scaling, but that is it. The accessport logging is much faster and real-time map flashing is very useful. I killed my first ecu with too many reflashes.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just recently turbo’d my 2.5i, Ideally is like an accessport for monitoring
View attachment 82205

You don't even need it for that considering you can run romraider on ARM Linux with a $4 VAGCOM cable to build a logger for under like $80
How did you make your setup exactly? I would like to monitor and catalog on my N/A-T since the build is still fresh and undriven yet. I know my way around romraider so that’s not bad, but how did you get your screen and have romraider on it if you don’t mind me asking?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts