·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,701 Posts
Don't forget to PM the people parting cars in that section, they might not check the site every day

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't forget to PM the people parting cars in that section, they might not check the site every day
Definitely. Been reaching out to people on the part out section to see if they have them available. I was trying to remove one out of a forester knuckle with no success. Tried soaking in PB blaster and tried various ways to get it removed but it eventually broke. Guess it's inevitable when you live in the rust belt.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Any local you pull junk yards? I just had to pull an abs sensor for my legacy. It was really easy to get at, iirc all the fasteners were 12mm. They charged me $5 for a 'misc sensor'. each corner has its own part so be sure to grab the one you need.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any local you pull junk yards? I just had to pull an abs sensor for my legacy. It was really easy to get at, iirc all the fasteners were 12mm. They charged me $5 for a 'misc sensor'. each corner has its own part so be sure to grab the one you need.
Actually got a pair of WRX ones from a local member that i will need to splice the RS connectors onto. I live in the New England area so everything gets rusted. There is little to no chance of actually getting one off from a pick & pull or most likely will be purchasing a whole knuckle assembly with the abs sensor. I've had one that i was soaking in pb blaster for multiple days and still would not budge and was seized in the bore.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
if you have the ability to unpin the connectors, that would be the ideal way, generally tools to do such a thing are pretty cheap. it will be the best fix. make note what color goes where before you pull em both out though.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Sorry for the double posts, but have you verified the sensors are compatible? Looking at the USDM cars, our wrx's are different at the knuckle

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the double posts, but have you verified the sensors are compatible? Looking at the USDM cars, our wrx's are different at the knuckle
From what i've found the RS ABS sensor does fit into WRX and the rear for WRX still uses a hub style mounted tone ring vs. cv axle mounted tone ring. Depinning can be a potential option that i can consider but not too worried since i will be splicing it on the ABS connector side and not the actual harness side. If need to, i can always go back to RS ABS sensor and have that plug back in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts