Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Sedan
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 16 very young still in high school obviously, i would love to find a beautiful 2.5Rs coupe years 95-01. I have a huge obsession with these cars plz help me find one. I would like one with no mods or very little, i would like to do the work my self and build it how i want it and i promise no ricer here. I plan on keeping the body mainly stock just cause of how much i appreciate the body style and love it.

Looking for prices around... 2500-5000

All help is much appreciated and wanted thank you. Also willing to drive to another state for right price.

:projectsti.com: :projectsti.com: :projectsti.com:

·
Registered
V3 RA Brighton my96
200 Posts
Well you picked a great car to start with. I'm sure you will love it once you get one.
All I can say is. Shop around and take you time! Don't jump on the first offer. Make sure you find the right one.

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Sedan
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Road trip!!!! No better way to get to know your newly purchased car than a trip across the states!:clap:

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f171/t170631-00-impreza-rs-price-lowered-3-500-a.html
Well you picked a great car to start with. I'm sure you will love it once you get one.
All I can say is. Shop around and take you time! Don't jump on the first offer. Make sure you find the right one.
Yeah some people tell me its a little much for a first car, but you know you will never love another car as much as you love your first so i would love to start with one of my dream cars. Im mainly waiting for the right one i dont think i would take anything other then a coupe and it has to be a manual no automatics wanted here. :D

·
I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
3,762 Posts
I am 16 very young still in high school obviously, i would love to find a beautiful 2.5Rs coupe years 95-01. I have a huge obsession with these cars plz help me find one. I would like one with no mods or very little, i would like to do the work my self and build it how i want it and i promise no ricer here. I plan on keeping the body mainly stock just cause of how much i appreciate the body style and love it.

Looking for prices around... 2500-5000

All help is much appreciated and wanted thank you. Also willing to drive to another state for right price.

:projectsti.com: :projectsti.com: :projectsti.com:
FYI, GC8 RS's only came in 98-01. v6 bumper only came on 99-01. Goldies only came on 98s.

You could also just go with a Brighton or L coupe. Worse suspension, less power from the engine, no sunroof, etc.

I have a Brighton and so far, I'm enjoying the fact that I got a Brighton over an RS. No ABS, single stage booster, and lighter weight. They also cost less to purchase and as you're 16, a lot less for insurance.

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
To start off with, I would suggest getting an RS. I did and am glad I did, it feels newer than L's do, especially older L's (obviously) but you'd be surprised just how much newer the RS feels. As for your price range, you may be able to find one for around your upper range, but not likely until after winter :\

Good luck! Keep checking Craigslist and email/call sellers as soon as one pops up! They don't last long around here!

·
I kill threads!
3,762 Posts
I actually like the older interior now, after owning something with the newer interior. As for Brighton/L vs RS in handling, ya, the RS is better. Much better. Course, if you get a Brighton/L, with the leftover money, you could get some strut/springs or coilovers.

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
I actually like the older interior now, after owning something with the newer interior. As for Brighton/L vs RS in handling, ya, the RS is better. Much better. Course, if you get a Brighton/L, with the leftover money, you could get some strut/springs or coilovers.
Yea, I agree this is an option and have done it. I still would suggest the OP get an RS though :)

OP: Where are you located in WA?

·
I kill threads!
3,762 Posts
I was looking through craigslist at RS's in the Seattle-Tacoma area. Jeez, they are expensive. Didn't even see one for less than $9k.

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Sedan
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FYI, GC8 RS's only came in 98-01. v6 bumper only came on 99-01. Goldies only came on 98s.

You could also just go with a Brighton or L coupe. Worse suspension, less power from the engine, no sunroof, etc.

I have a Brighton and so far, I'm enjoying the fact that I got a Brighton over an RS. No ABS, single stage booster, and lighter weight. They also cost less to purchase and as you're 16, a lot less for insurance.
I know they change through the years i have mentioned im just widening my range for better luck of finding a real 2.5Rs. And i dont see the point settling for something i wont be as happy with i want the power and my insurance already called only 80 a month so im ok with that price.

·
I kill threads!
3,762 Posts
I know they change through the years i have mentioned im just widening my range for better luck of finding a real 2.5Rs. And i dont see the point settling for something i wont be as happy with i want the power and my insurance already called only 80 a month so im ok with that price.
The power difference between the L and RS is pretty minimal, it's just the handling aspect that's different. For the cost difference, you can put a much better suspension in the L, than what's stock in an RS.

I own a Brighton coupe, RS coupe, and OBS, can't tell much difference between the RS and OBS. Huge difference between the Brighton though.

·
Registered
2000 2.5Rs Sedan
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The power difference between the L and RS is pretty minimal, it's just the handling aspect that's different. For the cost difference, you can put a much better suspension in the L, than what's stock in an RS.

I own a Brighton coupe, RS coupe, and OBS, can't tell much difference between the RS and OBS. Huge difference between the Brighton though.
After all that i think id still rather get what i want from the start then get a Brighton and then have a RS coupe come up in my price rang i could have got. Believe it or not they do pop up alot on my local craigslist and the people who mainly post them on there don't know what they are worth and they can go for about 3500. I just Finally got my money together so now i can actually start looking for that perfect one.

·
I kill threads!
3,762 Posts
I didn't say get a Brighton, but an L would be just as good as an RS, minus the suspension and very minor drop in hp.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts