Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 2.5RS Coupe, 6MT, 5x114
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy one GC front knuckle and strut and one rear knuckle and strut.

They don't need to be in great shape. I just need straight, unbent and not wobbly. I only want them to take some measurements so I can accurately re-drill a set of '05-'07 knuckles to use GC struts with a 5x114 STI suspension swap. I would rather pick up a set of what I need cheap than take my car apart and have it laid up for a while. Let me know what you got guys. Cheap is nice.

I plan to post up my findings and how-to when I am done.

·
Registered
stm99,flatblack99,07sti,blk98
566 Posts
why dont you use the whole sti hubs and redrill the tophat mounts to accommodate . if you dont want to do that hit me up on lisc. im building my rs and i could lend you my stuff

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have looked at all the possibilities and they all end up with people complaining about excessive camber angles and/or buying camber plates to correct the geometry. You also have the fact that GD struts are longer than GC struts so you have to mess with things to compensate. I figure that since I have the skills and access to 3D CAD, welders, CNC machines I might as well use it. What I will end up with is a custom set up that only involves custom knuckles that I can easily recreate if I wreck one somehow. I'll pm you on LISC when I get a chance. Time to go blow some snow...

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump for a set I could buy. That way I don't have anyone waiting on me to get their parts back. I'm not a huge fan of feeling like people are waiting on me.

I would like an OEM control arm and rear lateral links as well. Would prefer a package deal so I only pay shipping once.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts