Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a friend who wants to sell me all his stock wrx turbo parts and i'm curious how well they work on the 2.2? does the motor hold up? is it even worth it? how hard is it to do?

i dont really care that much about doing it but he has a bunch of stuff for cheap so i figured i'd put forth a little effort and check out the situation with doing that stuff.

·
Registered
2001 2.5rs BRP
176 Posts
its not hard to do. get a legacy cross member or notch yours and run wrx stock exhaust manifold with uppipe and down pipe with the wrx turbo td04.you will need coolant and oil lines. some sort of bigger exhaust atleast 2.5inch. you will need a bigger fuel pump from a wrx. bigger injectors too thats where the wrx comes in again. I believe the motors hold up a little better then the 2.5s and as far as Engine Management either Greddy E-manage ultimate is the most bang for buck. or a standalone

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah hes got the turbo up pipe intercooler injector and blow of valve is what was included i believe

i'm mainly worried about reliability cause it is my daily driver but some extra power would be nice. i would rather just do a whole wrx swap if i had it my way and the money to do it.

·
Registered
2015 STI Crystal White Pearl
1,861 Posts
you might wanna look into getting 2.2L dual port cylinder heads too, because your car has single port cylinder heads. wrx manifolds have dual port heads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts