Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m doing a full wrx swap on my 00” rs. Does the 05 wrx trans crossmember fit? Looks like all line up but the too 17s up front I can only get one in and the other is off. Any help would be appreciated!

· Administrator
2000 RSTi
2,095 Posts
92-07 WRX manual trans cross members fit your car. After that, not sure.

Also, you can use a non-turbo 5mt crossmember. Is it possible your wrx crossmember is bent?

· I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
5,559 Posts
You can keep your RS one. I'm using a GD 5 speed trans with my GC trans subframe, using a Cusco 6 speed trans mount. If you still have the RS trans subframe, just use it.

· Registered
98RS, 98RS, 99RS
777 Posts
When I did my complete WRX drivetrain swapped I used all the GD WRX parts. We had an issue with the larger aftermarket downpipe rubbing against the crossmember but we just banged a little dent in it and was fine.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any ideas why the trans member wouldn’t be lining up? I don’t have the original gc member. I bought a torque solutions solid trans mount im thinking that’s what the problem is like I said every hole lines up but the 2 17s I can get one in but the other is off by less then a quarter inch

· I kill threads!
2000 Ver 6 STI - 1996 Gravel Express
5,559 Posts
Could just be body flex. Over time the unibody just isn't straight anymore. Loosen up the trans mount, put one bolt in, then pry to get the other in. This reponse is a few days past, so I'm guessing you might have already done that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts