Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states I have a 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs for sale. I've owned the car for the past year, and no longer can afford it. I've owned other Subarus and turbo'd vehicles in general. Like any enthusiast should, I have taken good care of the car, and ensured proper maintenance has been performed. The car has 132k miles on the chassis and approximately 85k on the motor right now. It is in good running order and is a blast to drive. Power wise it puts down a decent 275 whp, although that is done on a low boost, overly conservative tune. Having the car tuned should put it more in the range of 300-320 whp. The car itself is a definite attention grabber, so if you're looking for something subtle, look elsewhere. The exhaust is straight pipe, with just a resonated mid-pipe and no muffler. The car is also running an external waste gate, needless to say it makes quite a noise. The Laguna Seca Blue paint job and aftermarket front and rear bumpers are also rather aggressive. The rear bumper is my personal favorite part of the car, it is a Mature GT bumper from Japan. As far as I know it is the only one in the US, and if not the only, then one of very few. The front bumper is a Mature WRC and is also a lovely piece. It could however use some love as it is cracked. To round out the look it has a replica version 5/6 rear spoiler, jdm tail lights, and I have retrofitted the headlights with HID projectors. The car, like any, is not without flaw. The front bumper is cracked as I mentioned, and there are numerous paint chips on the bumper as well from driving it through mountain passes (I snowboard.) The car was daily driven so while it is pretty clean, don't expect a show car. I now use it as a weekend car. Only mechanical flaw is minor, as it will occasionally leak a bit of coolant. Nothing serious. Enough talk though, serious buyers are welcome to ask any questions they'd like. The price is $14,500 obo, my name is Dan. You can reach me either via email at [email protected] or via phone at (425)315-6195. Please text me or email me first, I won't answer a phone call from a number I don't recognize.

Here's a complete mod list:

Engine:
2005 WRX swap
TD05 Forced Performance 18G 7cm
TurboXS front mount intercooler
Hallman MBC
APS by pass valve
Modded 850cc injectors
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
AEM short ram intake
Full 3" exhaust straight piped w/ just a resonator
Grimspeed up pipe
Tial 38mm wastegate
Grimspeed ported header w/ crosspipe

Transmission:
01 Rs transmission
Exedy stage 1 clutch
Kartboy short shifter

Wheels/brakes:
Work Emotions CR Kai 17x8 +42
Hankook RS3 245/40/17 (alot of wear from a poor alignment on a couple, alignment has since been corrected. Tires good for the summer probably)
Crossed drill and slotted front rotors
JDM 4 pot front brakes
Stainless steel brake lines

Suspension:
Tein Monoflex (nice coils, not the tien flex cheap coils)
Cusco front strutbar
Cusco rear strutbar
Cusco front 20mm swaybar
Cusco rear 20mm swaybar

Exterior:
Laguna Seca Blue paintjob
Mature WRC front bumper
Mature GT rear bumper
Ver. 5/6 replica STi wing
JDM clear corners
JDM tail lights

Interior:
JDM ver.5-6 STi seats (decent shape but not great.)
Eclipse in-dash touch screen dvd player
Momo Champion steering wheel
Center gauge pod with prosport water temp, oil pressure, and boost gauge (water temp and oil pressure need new sensors.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd like to see more detailed pics of the car in it's current state. Under the hood, under the car, closeups of all the damage.

...and where in Washington is it? I'll be there this coming week.

·
Registered
02 Forester L\\ (RIP)01 2.5rs
1,146 Posts
I could have sworn I saw this car in California a while ago...looked nice if it was it.

glws

·
Registered
99/06 WRSX
1,046 Posts
This was indeed Rickdaddy's car. I've seen it in person when it was still in Fresno. Nice car. I haven't seen the crack in the bumper up close though.

GLWS

·
Registered
1 Posts
Er, 14.5k is a good price for the car?

If you're implying it's a little high, this is far from an average WRX swap. One of the better USDM swapped GC's.
Er, its also $1000 more than is sold for a year ago.

Since then it's done hard duty as a ski car and come back with cracked up bumper and a chipped up paint job. Admittedly losing it's 'show car' status which it had when last sold.

Sorry to price-troll but I feel the 'decent price' statement was valid.

In the meantime please show us interior, underhood, and under car pics.

·
Registered
95 Impreza racecar
818 Posts
Er, its also $1000 more than is sold for a year ago.

Since then it's done hard duty as a ski car and come back with cracked up bumper and a chipped up paint job. Admittedly losing it's 'show car' status which it had when last sold.

Sorry to price-troll but I feel the 'decent price' statement was valid.

In the meantime please show us interior, underhood, and under car pics.
Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, but not entitled to muck up other peoples sales, I don't know why there is that one person in every for sale thread. Good luck with the sale, beautiful car!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, but not entitled to muck up other peoples sales, I don't know why there is that one person in every for sale thread. Good luck with the sale, beautiful car!
In this case, it's me. Sorry to troll-it-up, I just can't see someone being led to believe that this is a deal at $14.5k when it was offered at a thousand less a year ago. Anyone that doesn't have an issue with this must enjoy someone getting taken advantage of.

If there were improvements made in that time frame, great, maybe they have improved it's value. There is no evidence of that, and quite the opposite is admitted. Broken bumper, chipped up paint, leaking coolant and lord knows what the underside of the car looks like - somehow adds up to $14.5k

You said it, best of luck.

·
Registered
02' WRX
199 Posts
In this case, it's me. Sorry to troll-it-up, I just can't see someone being led to believe that this is a deal at $14.5k when it was offered at a thousand less a year ago. Anyone that doesn't have an issue with this must enjoy someone getting taken advantage of.

If there were improvements made in that time frame, great, maybe they have improved it's value. There is no evidence of that, and quite the opposite is admitted. Broken bumper, chipped up paint, leaking coolant and lord knows what the underside of the car looks like - somehow adds up to $14.5k

You said it, best of luck.
the previous owner sold the car with the cracked front bumper, this new owner didnt cause that damage. I've seen this car before, seriously a beauty. Mature front AND rear bumper? this thing is amazing.
GLWS!

·
Premium Member
96 GF4 " Bruiser"
3,540 Posts
I could have sworn I saw this car in California a while ago...looked nice if it was it.

glws
Did you buy this from another member here? Looks like Rickdaddy's, didn't know he sold it.

Nice car, decent price, glws.
This was indeed Rickdaddy's car. I've seen it in person when it was still in Fresno. Nice car. I haven't seen the crack in the bumper up close though.

GLWS
the previous owner sold the car with the cracked front bumper, this new owner didnt cause that damage. I've seen this car before, seriously a beauty. Mature front AND rear bumper? this thing is amazing.
GLWS!

Ok guys, so to clear everyone on everything. This is my friend Ricky's old car. From fresno, its as legit as you could belive. I cant say how its new owner has treated it but it was great when it left. The crack in the front bumper happened when it was here and was sold that way. Super low daily, shit happens. You wont find a car as stunning as this and so tastefully done. With that said, the car would take car shows, the paint was so fresh you could smell it curing when it was here. So if its chipped/flawed thats gonna hurt the price

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey guys! Sorry I've been kinda gone since posting. I've needed the car to daily as my sisters car broke and I lent her my forester. Its running like a champ! I'll snag some pictures of the interior, underhood, and I'll try and snap a few from underneath too. As a few people mentioned this was indeed rickdaddy's old car. I bought it for less than I'm asking but there is good reason for that! The center differential was slipping when I bought it, but all that has since been fixed and the car runs quite well now. You could drive this car across the country no sweat. Look out for those new pictures in the next couple days!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts