Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
MY00 Impreza 2.5RS, Aspen Whit
150 Posts
I have heard that it will but there is suppositly some slight problems with the flange, also there was slight modification that needed to be done on the hangers. I was looking into this a while back because I wanted to go back to the quiet RS stock. The problem is however I like the look of the WRX muffler.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmmmm

That sucks. I bet re-positioning the flanges would do the job. Or just to hang the flanges and them weld them to the muffler. Do you think that would work? Someone stole my N1 but left the mid pipe. I am planning to weld the N1 midpipe to the stock WRX muffler. How does that sounds?

·
Registered
MY00 Impreza 2.5RS, Aspen Whit
150 Posts
Well from experience anything can be done when you decide to weld it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

WEll I have never done welding before and I wouldn't have to if it wasn't for the thief that stole my exhaust. Sigh....thanks for the tip.

Vince

·
Registered
357 Posts
The position of the flange is the same, but for some reason the orientation is different. Don't know about the hangers.

·
Registered
470 Posts
IIRC, the angle of the flange is a bit off and the hanger for the piping is facing the wrong way. I'm not 100% sure about the flange since I got a larger midpipe made up when I put the backbox on.

I've got a WRX backbox currently (thinking I might go MRT backbox since I found one pretty cheap) and just getting it welded up to the existing WRX piping then have the hangers and other stuff fixed so it's on there more solidly.

I really want an OMP Grp. N cat back system but don't really want to shell out the $$$ if I can get this MRT unit and my current midpipe set up is ok.

·
Registered
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs
3,712 Posts
I have an N1 and I bent it up in the snow and it was melting my bumper, so me being lazy I just tried to hook up the axle back stock mufler and it came up too short so I had to put the stock cat back on. I don't know how the wrx exhaust is but I'm positive you can take it to a good exhaust shop and they could do it no problem if you wanna pay money. I'd do it myself but I'm friends with one of the best exhaust guys on the east cost. :checkit:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts