Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts
Tein makes them for the RS as well. If the holes don't line up you can always redrill the holes. There are people who have done that with the ebay WRX strut bars. The posts are somewhere on here if you search.

·
Premium Member
06 Lexus Rx400h
1,661 Posts
what about sti sway bars?????? yes i have an sti front x-member??? dont mean to steal your thread

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thay don't make ones for 02 RS though... so i guess i'll just hope the wrx one fits my car and if not i'll just sell it or drill holes.

wouldn't drilling holes completely ruin the support of the bar though?

·
2.0L Turboner
94 RWD WRX & 82 EJ Brat
8,673 Posts
Why?

If you want it for bling purposes then just buy one of those POS strut bars off eBay, paint it, and slap a Tein sticker on it. It'll be cheaper and it's actually made for your car, not that strut bars really do anything for our cars...

·
2.0L Turboner
94 RWD WRX & 82 EJ Brat
8,673 Posts
I strut bar is a waste of money at this point. What suspension mods do you currently have?

Better yet, have you autocrossed before?

You don't need mods to have fun or be fast, that's all on you. Get out there and have fun with your car as is.

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs BDP
2,079 Posts
strut bars work. the WRX bar will fit your car. the STI bar should also fit your car. but don't take my word for it, enjoy!

·
2.0L Turboner
94 RWD WRX & 82 EJ Brat
8,673 Posts
dude why you hating on strut bar? what did it ever do to you? it works dudes it works!!!!!
We're "hating on" strut bars because they are a waste of money. The benefit of strut bars is to link the strut towers to create rigidity but Subaru put our strut towers really close to the firewall so we already have that rigidity.

I guarantee the money you spend on strut bars can yield better overall performance if spend elsewhere.

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts
^^ True that but they look badass and if you have them that totally means you can drive fast yo!

To answer the OP's question, no, drilling extra holes in the mounting brackets will not sacrifice the rigidity of the bar. You'll be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts