Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
00RS 04STI
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Test drove a WRX today. Sweet but I love my RS. Anyway, I asked about the STI and was told that only 500 were coming to the US for its' first year and starts mid $30's. The salesman even tried to get me to put 5k as a holder with a verbal agreement to return it if I changed my mind.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I asked about the STI and was told that only 500 were coming to the US
The salesman even tried to get me to put 5k as a holder with a verbal agreement to return it if I changed my mind.
do you think perhaps the two statements above might be related to one another ;) never believe anything a dealer says.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
they are trying to sell something. that thing happens to be cars. we, as enthusiats, often mistake them for caring about cars and ask them for info. they will tell you anything to get your money. profit margins on new cars are super thin so they will do anything. sure, make the 5k deposit. even if you take it back in june when the car is due that's still 3-4 months they're making interest on it.

·
Registered
98 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl
396 Posts
...the old low ball 500 number trick eh:rolleyes:

Last I hears expect at least 1700 STI's per year and if demand is greater that number will increase to meet demand:cool:

·
Registered
597 Posts
joubtt said:
Test drove a WRX today. Sweet but I love my RS. Anyway, I asked about the STI and was told that only 500 were coming to the US for its' first year and starts mid $30's. The salesman even tried to get me to put 5k as a holder with a verbal agreement to return it if I changed my mind.
I'd be surprised if the dealer markup on the first year would be anything less than $5k. I'm sure the real sleazy dealers will ask $50k or more for an STi!

·
Registered
my00 2.5 rs white
330 Posts
not necessarily a related topic, but here in west LA, the mitsubishi EVO was marked up 28 thousand dollars.... yep it was 58,000...

that some straight up BULLSHIT!!!

yeah so if the prices of STI's are to fluxuate in any pattern similar to that of the EVO's, then expect to pay a pretty penny for the STI....

·
Premium Member
00RS 04STI
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just wanted to see if we were going to be on the same page and what other bs that would be said by dealers.

Not that they aren't getting any $$$ from me but they ain't gittin jack ish until I see some goods.

Anyway, I was just testing the waters.

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Dude Dealers are fucking Scum bags period, I have not met a car sales person who is will not fuck you over in other to make a penny for himself...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
FRAKK's2.5 said:
Dude Dealers are fucking Scum bags period, I have not met a car sales person who is will not fuck you over in other to make a penny for himself...
I bought my car from Sean and it was a very pleasant experience. He’s not a car salesman anymore but good car sales people are out there. My mom is looking to get an H6 Outback with that traction control shit on it, VDC I think Subaru calls it, and we have talked to two really cool guys and one loser. The fleet manager at South Coast, Jared, is a straight shooter.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I've heard that dealing with fleet managers is usually pretty easy compared to the "hardcore" sales guys. Usually alot less BS.

·
Registered
my00 2.5 rs white
330 Posts
or just walk in and know EXACTLY what your talking about.. i dunno about you guys, but its been my experience that very very very few car salesmen actually know the car that they're selling... i always... well almost always know more than them... so walk in ther and be like... "yo this is what's up... blah blah blah" and spill all that you know..

try to overwhelm the guy... and then ask for a trade in value for your car, then ask for finacing options or whatever way you want to buy said car in question...

then you leave and come back later, and make an appointment..

i think they'll treat you with a little more respect then...

but one has to reeally know what they're talking about... and by the likes of the people in this "rs club"... people seem to know quite a bit... so i don't think anyone will have a problem with the knowledge department.....

then again you can come in with a rocket launcher and threaten to fuck their shit up if they don't comply.... but then there's the whole jail sentencing thing that i don't think people really want to go through with...

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Not all car sales men are dicks!!:curse:

Well maybe:confused:

Tor Johnson is now the fleetmanager at South Coast Subaru. Get a hold of him, you can't find a better car sales person.

Sean

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
then again you can come in with a rocket launcher and threaten to fuck their shit up if they don't comply
i think you just plagerized our foreign policy. you better watch out, if you keep spilling national secrets, tom ridge will be forced to change today's color to periwinkle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts