Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am about to purchase a used o2 rs.
Does any one know if the wrx rear lsd or any older rs lsd's will fit in an o2 rs?

Thanks,
ChadR

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
It should fit, but I would doublecheck the gear ratio. Remember that the WRX has a 1.1:1 ratio front to rear.

Please report what you learn. The 02rs doesn't have an LSD already? That's weird...and wrong....

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
ha ha! I am thinking about the exact same thing. From what I have gather so far. it should be okay... but here is the deal.

02RS MT has 4.111 final drive
02WRX AT has 4.111 final drive
02WRX MT has 3.9?? final drive

so that means you have to find a AT rear diff off of a 02WRX. BUT if you just swap the LSD with the Open Diff, that should work too. But either way I think you need the rear axles too.

I think most likely that's what I am going to do. But I need to findout if the ring gear off the 02RS will fit the 02WRX LSD or 00-01RS LSD. After that, gotta make sure the axles will fit also. I am not sure about the 00-01RS LSD and axle on 02RS. I think I am going to find a 02WRX LSD and alxes. Take the diff apart, take out the LSD and swap it with my open diff and use my ring gear and pinion gear. If all that fits... :D

·
Registered
MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS BRP
2,605 Posts
the 00-01RS has LSD and someone on i-club said I could swap from them... I am not sure how that would work. I need to check the part numbers and the shop manuals next time when I am at the dealership... which would be a 3 weeks from now....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts