Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, can it be done? Would I need to use a WRX crossmember?

·
Registered
646 Posts
How much better is the WRX oil pan anyways? Is it just cause it holds more oil or does it have better baffling inside it?

·
Registered
1999 RS Coupe Aspen White
313 Posts
It has an extra baffle

so when you drain the turbo from the return line, it doesn't cause the oil to bubble up such as a setup where the banjo bolt to the drain plug would do...

It does hold more oil and has an extra baffle...

Here's a pic with the oil return bung welded courtesy of Revision:

·
Registered
MY95 Impreza L Wagon
423 Posts
Oil Pan

The WRX oil pan is stock on the MY98 2.5 RS. This oil pan is compatable with all EJ series engines I now have the same pan that was on my 2.5 RS turbo on my 2.2 L turbo.
Joshua

·
Registered
168 Posts
Anyone have a part number? Is it worth it fot my rs-t or no?

Tats.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
N/A said:
To think I tossed a perfect good one of those away when I was in Japan. Oh well.
:bonk:

tats: thats what my plan was, and extra quart of oil, the extra baffle, plus it already has the fitting for the oil return line, or so I thought...

·
Registered
646 Posts
I wish the even larger aftermarket ones weren't so damn expensive. ARC makes some nice aftermarket oil pans complete with the lines on the outside of it for extra heat dissipation.

·
Registered
MY99 STM GM6 RST RIP
11 Posts
WRX oil pan works fine.
Along with a Forester oil cooler.

latinskllz has the correct picture for the placement of the oil return bung. Its just a weldable bung. Any good welder should be able to place it. The welder in the above picture was none other than Kartboy himself!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What type of hose is that? I thought braided was needed.

How well does that oil cooler work? Looks like a nice simple design. How much did you pay for it?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I can't use one of them oil coolers...I have my defi gauge adapter there that sends to my oil pressure and oil temp gauges.

Tats.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I can;t remember the specifics but I've heard some one raving about them.

Tats.

·
Registered
MY99 STM GM6 RST RIP
11 Posts
Its a Forester oil cooler from an automatic. Standard Subaru equipment. The copper heat exchanger goes for about $300 by itself. Teagues Auto sells a kit.

The hose is Aeroquip AQP hose. Rated for oil, gas, coolant - reinforced by an internal nylon braid. Stainless steel braid would just abraid away at the cross member and the engine block like a file.

The red fitting is a 120 degree 8AN fitting. A 90 degree fitting will not work.

Here is a closeup of the copper heat exchanger and the coolant return bung.

·
Registered
MY95 Impreza L Wagon
423 Posts
Same as the WRX

The oil cooler is the same as on the WRX. So you might be able to pick one up used from a club member who has upgraded to something more agressive.
Joshua

1 - 18 of 18 Posts