Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive heard that wrx injectors will fit a 99 RS intake manifold, anyone know if they will fit a 98?

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Nope. IIRC, 98 has side feed injectors but they should take the Nissan Silvia injectors easily. Price should be similar to WRX take offs but you'll have to do some e-bay searching.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Would the older L's, such as a '95, fall under the same category as a '98? I have considered higher-flow injectors, but didn't think I could get any without a '99 manifold.:)

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-2.5gt Thanks for the feedback if or when you buy those injectors drop me a line.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sure, no problem.

I'm gonna have to drive up to Rallispec (2.5hr drive) to see if they can fit in my car. I was told by Dave that the injectors might need a custom fuel rail jobbie . . . I'll let you know . . .

·
Registered
613 Posts
fuel rails are easy. most shops can get the D shaped extruded fuel rail material and cut to length, drill to size, tap and bam, rails. enngine control is now your biggest problem.

·
Registered
1999 Impreza RS 2.5/ silvertho
42 Posts
Hey, I've got a '99 RS and am planning for a low boost turbo swap in the early summer. So, the WRX injectors will drop right in, eh? What cc are they and will they be suitable for making < 250hp? That's all I really want for the time being. Also, are the Scooby injectors low or high impedence? I'm eventually going to do standalone, so this shouldn't matter in the end. But, I'm really thinking for the time being.

Thanks,

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Scott, the WRX injectors have been tested to 420cc (stock RS is 280cc) so they are plenty of injector. Combined with a fuel pump (WRX pump is cheap and very effective) they provide enough fuel for damn near any "kit" you'll put together. Shoot, with any fuel control the WRX pump/injector combo should provide enough fuel for enough boost to fry your internals ;) . Don't remember the impedence on scooby injectors, its fairly easy info to come by though.

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru RS 2.0 sti BRP
312 Posts
Well, i can tell you that 02+ wrx injectors will not work with a 2001 RS's intake. I just tried it. The RS injectors are alot longer in lenth. The plug snaps in nicely, but it just wont fit. The top fit into the fuel rail only after I pulled the O-ring off the stock RS injector and put it on the wrx injector. Im not too sure if thats safe but it fit. Its the bottom part of the injector that wont fit into the intake. Oh yeah, I have done the vishnu fuel rail mod. Just some more info for everyone!!!

Later,
Greg

·
Registered
852 Posts
Did you use RS plugs for the WRX injectors?

Graham

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru RS 2.0 sti BRP
312 Posts
Nah

I just plugged the WRX injectors into the harness to see if the stock RS harness worked with the WRX injectors, and they plugged right in no problem. It was just to see if the harness plug worked with the 420cc. I need to see if I need to modify my intake to take these injectors....if I can't, then you'll see them on ebay or this forum.

Later,
Greg

Oh, Ill be in Arlington end of April, you think the beast will be broke in by then??:burnout:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Thanks for the info. Wish I had kept my stock connectors...:stupid:

Anyway, yes my car is getting tuned tommorrow, so it will definetely be ready by April. Let me know when you are in town.

Graham

·
Registered
852 Posts
Oh the swap was pulled off successfully Bill! Its running quite well, though future plans definetely include some headwork (prob cams, already have the ti springs and retainers)..

The car pulls hard all the way to redline (now 7000 RPM). You'll have to get a ride in it sometime Bill.

Graham

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Maybe next time I make it down to DFW... I'm so jealous!!! I'm about fed up with mine, nothing wrong with it... just too many creaks, rattles, and other annoyances. I really want to get on the ball with my next project but I don't have the time/storage to really get going. Just wait, though, it'll be a blast it I ever get around to it :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
Tired of the RS-T Bill? Do a swap, it becomes a whole new ball game my friend. I think its pretty cool having an RS that can pull on most cars on the road! I'm just waiting for that Z06 to roll up.

What are the plans for the new project?

Graham

1 - 20 of 21 Posts