Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the WRX IC in the car today... it fits but very very slim.... its tight... luckily i have STI mounts so the engine doesn't move much on acceleration I'm still testing but here are sample pics... goto http://hok.qis.ca/IC/ for all the pics...

:D

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
runs good... no knocking sounds ... yet... but its been good... i run 14 psi...

took me a while to install tho.... grrrr

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh and lines up good just like with the hood up.... it is more to one side but the scoop is big ...

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i had to hacksaw the outlet finally... because it was banging the TB and that made me scared... anythign in the engine and boom!

·
Registered
MY00 RS/STi
952 Posts
Whew! When I read the subject I thought you meant no mods to the car. Like you had a IC with an N/A engine. Hehe, so it's a tight fit?

·
Registered
852 Posts
You got me, I really thought it wasn't gonna be able to be done without some pretty heavy custom work. Good Work.

:drool:

Graham

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i finally succumbed tho .. but its really a very good IC... not as much restriction as the less one i had... i have no lag now... but car is running great...

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey thanks!...

but i've been thinking that that BOV tube is way to long. I've thought of some potential performace / problems, you think it takes some time to pressurize that tube.. that makes it lag... i realize it wouldn't be much but just thinking..

also how about flow you think it restricts a little bit of flow? having the hole there leading into a long tube,,, because the stock WRX has it closed off on boost and then the BOV goes off...

any thoughts...

·
Registered
1999 RS Coupe Aspen White
313 Posts
Amazing!

.bro, i tried to do a simple test fit and what I notices was that the end tank on the drivers side on the IC would hit the brake fluid reservoir...how did you overcome this? I see that it's a tight squeeze, how are you going to manage checking brake fluid levels and such? What did you do about your A/C lines???? How close to the hood scoop is it? otherwise, you just regained my confidence in makign that baby fit :p I was about to sell it LOL

Kevin

·
Registered
1999/2017 RSTI
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cut the outlet of the WRX IC it should fit... you should also have 1/4 inch of space between the firewall and the IC... it doesn't touch my brake fluid res. when i change i will take the IC out... its pretty quick to take out... ummm now i have some soft padding between the IC and the hood... it work good and no banging... take some pics... i don't just look at what i did.. and try... see the blue stuff thats stuffing hehe..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts