Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,273 Posts
If you're looking for an upgrade they are the same size diameter, your RS and the WRX; 1 inch.
If you want to upgrade, look at the master cylinder from a 98-99 Legacy Outback as it runs a 1 1/16" just like the STi. Keep your RS pedal assembly and booster and all.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza GT
738 Posts
the pedal assembly doesnt bolt up, i just took the covers from a wrx assembly and put em on my rs pedals.

the clutch master cyl's are the same, even use the same hose.

the brake master cyl on the wrx doner car i had the brake lines that come out of the master cyl were in a different location than on my 01 rs. but i had an 04 doner.

·
Registered
JDM Moneypit
599 Posts
a single stage booster, unlike the RS's dual stage booster.

NorthUrsalia.com: Single Stage Brake Booster Swap

It'll give you a much better pedal feel. I believe the WRX uses a dual stage booster also, so you'll still have a squishy feel, even if you do a swap.
Has anyone else done this? I'm interested in improving the brake feel when I do a brembo swap in addition to SS lines.

·
Registered
'00 RS EG33, '05 STI, '92 SVX
135 Posts
Single stage booster is wonderful compared to the dual stage unit.

Though at the time at upgraded to a '01 Outback 1-1/16" m/c. --> same p/n as STI.

You can't just mount up a master cylinder from any ol' suby you feel like. The rs, mine is an '00 as well, has that sleeve extension that inserts and seals against the booster. Be aware of this. Read the North Ursalia page and you'll have all the details you need.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.