Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
97 JDM STI V3
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok all.

Firstly, just a quick message to the mods - I have already contacted Kevin, I am not selling anything just now! As soon as the products are ready I will be opening a vendor account.

WRC mudflaps
I am in the process of manufacturing WRC style mud flaps for the GC, GM and GF chassis, they will look very similar to these.....but the material will not be shiny:

The kit will comprise of:
4x laser cut 1mm thick stainless steel mounting brackets
4x die-pressed mudflaps (front and rear) made from either PVC or rubber
stainless steel mounting hardware and plastic grommets
posssibly will include stickers but not sure yet.

The price will be around $65-$75 for a complete set.

So what I want to know is:
1. Are people interested in this product?
2. If you are interested, what color would you like the mudflap material to be?
3. Would you prefer PVC (quite hard and not flappy when driving) or rubber (quite flexible and flappy when driving) for the mudflap material?
4. Do you think that the price is reasonable?
5. What logo (see pic below)

These would be the possible logos, any color available
(spec c ones will be for the new age mudflaps, these will begin production in early Feb)

The emphasis will be a creating a quality product at a good price.

Any feedback on this would be a great help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
'96 OBS 260k and '97 OBS 280k
31 Posts
I like floppy flaps. I had the original Rally Armor flaps on the WRX and while I liked those they also caused the rear bumper cover to get ripped off at a RallyCross. Floppy flaps are where it's at.

Color, on my current car (a red OBS) would be black. If I was keeping the white WRX I would like red or blue.

I like the material my Prodrive mud flaps are made with and would like something similar to that material in a mud flap.

For logos, with me having an OBS I would like something that doesn't say WRX or STI. Don't want to be a poser. Maybe just the word Subaru across the bottom in the font that's all one size (no capital S.)

Lastly, but most importantly, if your company has a logo I would suggest a version with that. Build your brand so people know who YOU are. You can spend thousands of dollars using other companies logos but you are just building their brand.

·
Registered
97 JDM STI V3
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like floppy flaps. I had the original Rally Armor flaps on the WRX and while I liked those they also caused the rear bumper cover to get ripped off at a RallyCross. Floppy flaps are where it's at.

Color, on my current car (a red OBS) would be black. If I was keeping the white WRX I would like red or blue.

I like the material my Prodrive mud flaps are made with and would like something similar to that material in a mud flap.

For logos, with me having an OBS I would like something that doesn't say WRX or STI. Don't want to be a poser. Maybe just the word Subaru across the bottom in the font that's all one size (no capital S.)

Lastly, but most importantly, if your company has a logo I would suggest a version with that. Build your brand so people know who YOU are. You can spend thousands of dollars using other companies logos but you are just building their brand.
Yep, I prefer the flexible mudflaps too.

As for the brand, my company name will be 'Rally Tech'

Logo is like this:

Could have some stickers made up, quite like the thought of more discreet grey logos.

·
Registered
97 JDM STI V3
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why not some RS25 mudflaps? No ones wants to buy knock-offs of the big brands plus it's illegal to use copyrighted logos.
That's a possibility if the forum would allow it.

I understand what you're saying about the copyright issue. In all honesty I would prefer to sell them with no logo but when I researched what was selling it seemed that the ones with logos were more popular.

Like kreitz3 said, maybe it's a good idea to just market them with my own logo.

This is great feedback though everyone, please keep it coming!!!!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
well the thing with copyright is as long as your not mass producing like for say over a couple thousand chances are you will never ever hear anything. its when you start making tons and tons and tons of them you will have huge issues. i think an rs25 exclusive would be kool

·
Registered
2000 SRP 2.5RS Sedan
515 Posts
i would like to get ones that say RS25 on them or 2.5RS so that when stupid ppl come up to me I can just facepalm and point to the mudflaps.

as for colors it would be cool if you get colors close to the car like a maroon for SRP, navy for BRP, blue for RBP, and like a universal black

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,013 Posts
The shiny ones are way too flexible and just blow around too much when you drive.
Yea thats how the rally armour ones are too :lol:

i dont like the stiff ones because from my experience with the hard rally armour ones is that after one snow season they are bent because of all the snow that you push with them. Also when it gets caked up in the wheel wheel the snow actually bends the hardened plastic ones. I threw mine out after a year.

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,013 Posts

Looking at this picture even more im not sure i could even run them on my RS. Yours are almost dragging on the ground and mine is quite a bit lower then yours. Mine would probably drag on the ground

+1 for scene points though :banana: :lol:

·
Registered
99 GM8
5,801 Posts
Keep in mind that the Op lives in a country with a very weak intellectual property rights regime. 1st world problems for a guy living in a 3rd world country

1 - 20 of 162 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.