Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a RS 2.5 for sale here in Australia where I live, roughly an hour from my home and was wondering if it would be a wise investment.. read further and enjoy the images of it at the bottom :)

This is from the ad:
It has a new engine with 90,000KM - 94,000KM, I only use 98 octane which gets up to 600km per tank. Odometer has over 240,000KM but I swapped the engine. It also has a new Timing Belt, Rocker Covers/Valve Cover and Spark Plug Tube Seals.
Along with the new engine is a list of other things I have put on (Receipts included with all purchases).

New Spark Plugs
New Gearbox
New Transmission
New Radiator
New Bendix Brake Pads
New Century Hi-Performance Battery 2 year warranty (Putting it in when car is sold)
New Gear Knob with H pattern (Apparently a defect without one)
4 New tyres
Better Exhaust system fitted 2 years ago
Double Din Display Pioneer Bluetooth Head Unit
Sony Xplod 1000watt Sub in a space saver box
Sony Xplod 600watt Amplifier
Restored Headlights (Looks Brand New)

Before it's sold I will replace all the filters and change the oil (I use only Ryco Filters with Fully Synthetic 10W-40 oil).

So with all of that said.. the body has still done over 240000ks.. is that a worrying figure? Are ball joints an issue?

Heres some photos of the vehicle.

Thanks, Dylan.

·
Baby❤Daddy
98L Wagon
27,848 Posts
looks like its in really good shape and well taken care of. plus, if all that stuff in there really is new..i don't see an issue.

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
Looks good to me. Usually people who have all their receipts and stuff take car of their cars. I'm one of those people.

... gave the lady a folder about 1" full of receipts and documents from my old car when I sold it. She looked at me like I was crazy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am worried about its bearings, gaskets, etc though.. they have all done 240000ks.. :/

·
Registered
2000 RS-T coupe
73 Posts
Worried about head gaskets and wheel bearings?
Is this a stock engine (EJ251?) or swapped something else?

·
Premium Baller
04 STI, '11 R6 Race
5,733 Posts
Shouldn't have to worry about head gaskets for awhile. Only has like 55k miles on the new engine.

Looks super clean and well kept, I wouldn't have any problems with this car

·
Registered
2002, Impreza 2.5RS, PSM
422 Posts
I would touch that car.......

in a dirty way.

Giggty.:jerkit:

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,919 Posts
looks like a good car, most likely dealer maintained. the suburban garage doesnt scream i diy'd all this and didnt know what i was doing, just kinda curious why it says the transmission and engine has been replaced, im always skeptical when something has been replaced well before they seem due. doesnt look beat on though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts