Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
un-Banned by RS25.com
2000 SRP 2.5RS Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nissan Skyline Midnight Purple that is.....

So I've been thinking of respraying my car midnight purple. This color is just sick!

I've asked a couple people at work and the first thing out of their mouths is...."that would be gay". I mean come on. Purple used to be a color of royalty. Now it's instantly mistaken as being gay.

Discuss....

Color pic for reference.

·
Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
2,724 Posts
someone should do a photoshop for ya with that color.

·
Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
3,233 Posts
it works on that car because it's so badass that you desregard the color of it to begin with. My boss's son has a pink Skyline and it's not gay, just badass so I would say it won't work on an RS. But it's your car, do what you want. Make it rainbow for all I care

·
Registered
98 Impreza 3.4L Turbo
3,294 Posts
My trans am is purple and the ladies love it :clap:

·
Registered
1998 impreza 2.5rs
630 Posts
Yeah, a skyline can pretty much do whatever it wants, and be whatever color it wants.

If you own a purple subaru, you own a purple car.
If you own a purple skyline, you own a skyline.

I wouldn't do it to my rally blue pearl sexiness. I think the only color Id do my car in is this Jeep green:

But to answer your question, I wouldn't call you gay.

...to your face...

·
Registered
99 Legacy L 30th Anniversary
64 Posts
I don't think it would look bad. It just wouldn't be the same. The skyline isn't gay, but your rs is definitely not an r34.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS coupe
1,034 Posts
ha i always give people that "purple used to be a color of royalty" line, im glad you pulled that one out. i would think it would look sick, as long as its a deep purple like on that skyline, not a really bright one.

·
un-Banned by RS25.com
2000 SRP 2.5RS Coupe
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's hard to tell in this pic, but it looks like somebody in the UK already did it.

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
Its your car bro! I think it would look sexy!

·
Registered
2017 STi
9,572 Posts
LOL my wifey just said when she saw your question she thought of heyyyyyyyyyyyy gay purple, but we both like it. Midnight purple is just a sexy twist on black!

·
Registered
2001 Silverthorn 2.5 RS coupe
678 Posts
LOL my wifey just said when she saw your question she thought of heyyyyyyyyyyyy gay purple, but we both like it. Midnight purple is just a sexy twist on black!
^^^ I think dark purple with black Tribal decal would make it Evil.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts