Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
00 2.5RS White
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for bits and peices to put together a turbo set up for a EJ251 build. Came across this didn't know if any of yall had installed or would install it. Thoughts, comments, ideas?

It looks promising. I have all other componets 255 fuel pump, pink STi injectors, FMIC, piggy back, rrfpr, STi oil pump, STi pistons and rods, HKS bov.

If i'm missing anything from yall that have already done turbo builds let me know.

Amazon.com: Subaru Impreza WRX STi Turbo + Intercooler: Automotive

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe
1,014 Posts
rrfpr is unnecessary if your going with piggy back and injectors. if your bent on using the rrfpr you can ditch the injectors. And you can also run it using an rrfpr and voltage clamp, but injectors and piggyback would be best.

as for the link, it could be promising, but the turbo may be a bit big for a low boost app and for an intercooler for you turbo kit i would get an 06-07 wrx or sti intercooler. They are wider and shorter so you wouldnt have to grind down the part that mates with the tb and the 06 tmic shouldn't rub the firewall so you also shouldn't have to bend any ac lines

·
Registered
00 2.5RS White
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just because of your detailed explanation i will not get this kit.... -_-

rrfpr is unnecessary if your going with piggy back and injectors. if your bent on using the rrfpr you can ditch the injectors. And you can also run it using an rrfpr and voltage clamp, but injectors and piggyback would be best.
You want an rrfpr? LOL

Did not know that. I heard better things about PB systems so i will end up going that direction. Also this is my first turbo project so forgive me if i know very little.

·
Registered
00 2.5RS White
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as for the link, it could be promising, but the turbo may be a bit big for a low boost app and for an intercooler for you turbo kit i would get an 06-07 wrx or sti intercooler. They are wider and shorter so you wouldnt have to grind down the part that mates with the tb and the 06 tmic shouldn't rub the firewall so you also shouldn't have to bend any ac lines
I have a front mount off of an 05 STi. So i wasn't too interested in the top mount. I was thinking the same as far as the boosting. the TD04's i heard and seen are good in most ranges of power and relativly quick spools

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS-T srp sedan
2,732 Posts
a front mount wont be needed for a td04

No but the pain in the ass fitting a TMIC in worth getting the FMIC.

One reason I did the FMIC when doing my home brew kit.

And yes to getting a piggy back and injectors.

·
Registered
00 2.5RS White
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hold on a second.... Am i retarded? When putting a turbo on a NA subaru... Is there no need for a turbo Manifold? i'm looking at a bunch of kits right now and none of them have a manifold for their kits... How does the up-pipe work than...

I NEED HELPFUL KNOWLEDGE BEFORE I SHOOT MYSELF....

(just very very very confused right now)

·
Registered
00 2.5RS White
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
one is stickied
I came, i searched, i kind of found. but it doesn't describe how or why

They said, there are up pipes and down pipes that will work for NA headers...

But i would like to know the "how" part...

Heres the thing, i sit my ass down and research all i can about what i'm working on. If i come across something, like this situation, where i know a majority of turbo vehicles need/have manifolds, and for some miracle i can do a turbo set up with my NA headers, i just like a persons explination. instead of sitting here at, 2am looking through stickied threads with over 100 pages of miscilanious stuff i didn't want/or already knew about.

I'm sorry for being a douche its just i looked and it didn't explain anything to me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.