Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5rs
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 98 rs with an ej251 block and ej25d heads that have been machined down with a sti head gasket giving me an 11:1 or so compression and delta 1000 cams, also has other internal upgrades. I'm wondering if an Injen CAI would be worth it since it already has some power mods. I know CAI don't do much for stock n/a cars but would it actually benefit me with my mods.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5rs
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? I knew they didn't do much for stock, I thought with mine being somewhat built it might help even just a little but since not I'll just get a cat back exhaust or thicker rear sway bar, I already have tein street advance z coil overs and aluminum driveshaft.

·
Registered
'01 RS+t STM
1,192 Posts
Odd assortment of mods on your beast. Depending where you put the cone filter... it can reduce performance. Putting the cone filter in the engine bay is a hot air intake, bad for performance. If you get one that puts the cone filter in the fender, you'll have better air but honestly won't notice much of an improvement. You'll have more noise, but would likely see no improvement on your 1/4 mile times.

If you don't already, an ECU reflash (eg srs30) to take advantage of your cams and a full header back exhaust system will be noticeable gains.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts