Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
29 Posts
so ive owned a flossy goldelocks shift knob for a few months now. first off, out of the box it looked great, is a perfect size and weighted quite nicely. however, during installation the threads feel quite rough and poorly taped, and after just a few months of use the gold color is chipping and flaking off in a few spots showing a white undercoat. nothing has ever hit it but my hand, and i wear no rings. If you plan on buying flossy i highly suggest you go with the grip tape knob or a plain white one as these should be least likely to flake and chip.

·
Registered
93 Mazda FD RX7
290 Posts
so ive owned a flossy goldelocks shift knob for a few months now. first off, out of the box it looked great, is a perfect size and weighted quite nicely. however, during installation the threads feel quite rough and poorly taped, and after just a few months of use the gold color is chipping and flaking off in a few spots showing a white undercoat. nothing has ever hit it but my hand, and i wear no rings. If you plan on buying flossy i highly suggest you go with the grip tape knob or a plain white one as these should be least likely to flake and chip.
Hello-

That is horrible! We have not heard of this problem with our knobs yet, and would like to re-coat the knob for free for you. Please send it back to us, and PM us to inquire for address to ship to. Thanks!

·
Registered
01 RS w/ 2.1 stroker ej205
2,176 Posts
Hello-

That is horrible! We have not heard of this problem with our knobs yet, and would like to re-coat the knob for free for you. Please send it back to us, and PM us to inquire for address to ship to. Thanks!
:drunk:cheers all around, i love it when vendors step in to fix problems with their product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.